V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer quoted me 6 hours to put black lowers & sliders on a new Street Glide.

Said the fairing has to come etc.:dunno:

Thoughts anyone??

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
I bet you could do it yourself in 6 hours just by purchasing a manual, get a friend over, and have the parts at your house. 2 to 3 sounds more realistic and that is 1 1/2 sitting in the back and 1 1/2 for a mechanic to do the work probably. :p

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
One thing I learned is you can about anything yourself on these bikes, just follow the instructions. Get a manual. Read the section twice. Then read it again as you do it.

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
I dont know what differences there are between a Street Glide and a Road Glide and I'm too lazy to find out but,,,, Shop codes for a Road glide says 2.5 hours.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Ones mounted to forks other to frame. You might have less to take off for road glide.

·
Shithead
4,836 Posts
Took me 30 minutes to take the front end apart and put it back together again, including brake bleeding.

Of course, that's without fairings and such. I guess it could take 5 and a half hours to deal with a fairing, if you really take your time.

I'm with Chuck. Couple of hours or so, and it's not hard stuff anyways. Get the book and a six pack. Tell the wife how much money you are saving, and take her out to dinner on the proceeds :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
csoday said:
I dont know what differences there are between a Street Glide and a Road Glide and I'm too lazy to find out but,,,, Shop codes for a Road glide says 2.5 hours.
One difference - A Road glide has a frame mounted fairing. The street Glides is fork mounted.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
RustyG said:
One difference - A Road glide has a frame mounted fairing. The street Glides is fork mounted.
Are you another person who has me on your ignore list:eek:

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
berserker said:
Are you another person who has me on your ignore list:eek:
You didn't specify which had what. Someone had to clarify. Couldn't let that slide. To important to omit the distinction.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Yes, I am proven wrong again. Though I sure hope he knew which style his bike was, but cannot assume it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts