V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had any experience with black chrome plating. I saw an ad in Thunder press and thought that black might look cool. Wonder how it holds up?

·
Pimp Daddy
386 Posts
It holds up just like regular chrome. I have an 81 Sturgis and I had a set of Pythons black chromed and I love them. They look awesome. It has rich sort of black to it.

·
killer sperm
2,852 Posts
I had High Lustre Chrome Plating do a job for me. The part had an obvious defect & they refused to pay shipping to return the piece to them. Also they wouldn't pay the shipping back to me unless I included the free shipping coupon! And they were snotty about the whole thing!
The piece looks OK now but next time I need plating I'll go elsewhere.

·
Registered
297 Posts
sr1032 said:
It holds up just like regular chrome. I have an 81 Sturgis and I had a set of Pythons black chromed and I love them. They look awesome. It has rich sort of black to it.
Has there been any discoloration due to heat?.......Bill

·
Pimp Daddy
386 Posts
Very slight discoloration at the head pipe but since it's black chrome it's hard to tell and it's on the back side. For the rest of the pipes it has held up just as a good quality chrome job would.

·
Registered
297 Posts
sr1032 said:
Very slight discoloration at the head pipe but since it's black chrome it's hard to tell and it's on the back side. For the rest of the pipes it has held up just as a good quality chrome job would.
Thanks. May I ask, who did the plating and would you use them again?......Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts