V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
So I've got a set of 14" Gimp Hangers from Nash Motorcycles coming in soon. So its about time for me to get my cables on order. I've been searching all over and all I can find are black braided brake/oil lines (Goodridge ebony series). I'm having a hard time finding black braided throttle and clutch cables. Does anyone know where to find them? I doubt I'm the first person to want them on his/her bike. If I could find a matching set of brake/clutch/throttle cables that would be perfect. Thanks alot in advance...

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nauipro said:
First off, I'm impressed that you are on the computer at 5:36 AM looking for parts! Check out Barnett www.barnettclutches.com they offer what they call Carbon Coat. May be just what you are looking for.....Bill
It was only 2:30AM when I posted. Its 6:00AM now... :)

Thanks for the link. It looks like the Carbon Coat is a dark gray. They do have a black vinyl, but I'm looking for black braided. Maybe as a last resort... I do I like their clutches though, so I might have to add some new stuff to the wish list. :)

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
I searched for the same thing. Never found it though. I ended up using the Black Out series.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
petrock said:
It was only 2:30AM when I posted. Its 6:00AM now... :)

Thanks for the link. It looks like the Carbon Coat is a dark gray. They do have a black vinyl, but I'm looking for black braided. Maybe as a last resort... I do I like their clutches though, so I might have to add some new stuff to the wish list. :)
The carbon coat is a dark gray but they look pretty good.

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
Here's an idea. Just get some black cables and use wire sleeving to cover them. Use heat shrink of something on the ends. The guys in my link have a ton of different wraps for almost any situation. I've ordered a bunch of stuff from them and have covered my battery and miscelanious wires. I plan on doing most everything one my bike like they used to do. These guys will get the stuff to you in a hurry too.

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
does anyone know on hear how much does it cost to steel braid the hole bike with the clear coating on them... and what cables are the best... that dont fade that is....

·
Registered
297 Posts
midnight sporty said:
does anyone know on hear how much does it cost to steel braid the hole bike with the clear coating on them... and what cables are the best... that dont fade that is....
You will spend $200-300 for all of the cables and hoses if you do the work yourself. Barnett and Motion-Pro make great cables but I have had a few problems with MP clutch cables leaking lately. Goodridge makes great hoses. All of these companies vinyl coating holds up very well....Bill

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess I'm going to go with the Goodridge black braided hoses. I guess I'll have to settle for vinyl cables. Will go with either Barnett or Motion Pro. I like the look of the Black Out series cables from Motion Pro. Have to do a little research first... Also won't know what lengths to get until I get the bars in and decide what hight risers to get etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.