V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
05 Flhrci
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a set of Black 2-1 for my 05 FLHRCI. Any suggestions.

I like the Samson Caliber but I've read that they have a problem breaking at the front header. Anyone know if the problem has been addressed.

I also like the Thunder Header and Bassani.

Open for suggestions on any other brands also.

All feeback welcome.
Jim

·
"Jane you ignorant slut!"
2,292 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can get the Super trapp in black.

Chris

·
Banned
17,245 Posts
get the D&D Fatcat in black like I have on my fxdx. Touch up paint is Krylon's
1200 degree heat paint for BBQ & Stove. (get the quiet baffle) And, YES, my Caliber 2>1 broke at the header once and they replaced it. Then that one broke at the header. And I know why but they won't listen to me. On the rubber mounted engines there are **2** bracket points plus the header bolts for the exhaust system. The Samson Caliber (the pipe who's name dare not be mentioned) has only 1 bracket point at the rear of the pipe. There is no middle support bracket. I'm guessing this would therefore not be a problem on frame mounted engines such as Softtails and older Sportsters. So that pipe was replaced by the Samson Caliber Cannons. The chintsy welds on the heat shields for the hose clamps broke from vibration.
The D&D products are incredibly well made. I was impressed when I first saw mine.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Fred, I bet the Samsons would break even with 2 mounts. They use cheap thin wall tubing, and I have seen a number of different model Samsons crack and break. Some in multiple places. Bottom line, they're junk.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Supertrapp does come in black and it looks really good, I wish I would have known they were coming out with black and I would have waited.

·
Arrogant Bastard
1,264 Posts
Look in the for sale section, someone has a black 2-1 for FLH models.

Joe

·
05 Flhrci
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Guys,

I looked at RB Racing's pipe and don't really like it.

How loud are the D&D and the Supertrapps? I like to make a little noise.

·
Registered
751 Posts
compressor#v said:
Fred, I bet the Samsons would break even with 2 mounts. They use cheap thin wall tubing, and I have seen a number of different model Samsons crack and break. Some in multiple places. Bottom line, they're junk.
I agree, junk and don't expect any support after the purchase as anyone I've talked to at Sampson was an ....... no help.

Rick​

1 - 10 of 10 Posts