V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping on getting some feed back on the Billet Storage Tubes. I've never seen one on a bike was wondering how people felt about there usefulness, looks and etc. Maybe some ideas as to what use them for?

·
Total Nutcase
2,691 Posts
oaksmith said:
I was hoping on getting some feed back on the Billet Storage Tubes. I've never seen one on a bike was wondering how people felt about there usefulness, looks and etc. Maybe some ideas as to what use them for?
Hey Oak, a buddy of mine just bought one. It mounts on the license plate bolts and it's about 6 inches long. He uses it to store his registration and insurance papers. His plate is a side mount on a Big Dog, so he put it behind the plate, but you could also use it on a fender mount plate. It almost looks like a billet cigar tube. He got it at JP Cycles for $66.00. It's a sharp looking unit and I'm considering one myself.

Here is a link - http://www.jpcycles.com/productgrou...EF9CB1AD8D&search=stash tube&store=All&page=1

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
Thats pretty cool. What about security? They look like the end cap just screws on/off. Do they have some kind of locking mechinism? What about HD's billet tubes? Thanks...

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
The MoCo makes one that mounts on the frame. It looks like a chrome mail box, and all that's missing is a billet chrome flag for outgoing mail..
Not my cup of tea.
I like the license plate tube..

·
Total Nutcase
2,691 Posts
petrock said:
Thats pretty cool. What about security? They look like the end cap just screws on/off. Do they have some kind of locking mechinism? What about HD's billet tubes? Thanks...

Don't think they lock, but I didn't really check it out besides just eyeballing it.

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
I wouldnt be storing anything illegal in there that for sure.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
I have the HD storage tube on my lowrider. I personally like the looks of it. The ends just screw on and it does not lock. I carry my insurance & registration papers and a small tool kit in mine. I have never had a problem with anyone bothering it. Actually, most people ask what it is.

·
Grumpy Tricycle Pilot
219 Posts
I have one of the HD units on the '05 Fatboy. Looked great, worked great...until the bottom cap unscrewed somewhere while I was out on a long ride. As in: gone.

Probably my fault - I had lightly coated threads with anti-seize. Which, yes, seemed like a good idea at the time.

So now not so sure I'll be able to get another cap.

Live and learn...

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Isn't that where you are supposed to store your weed?

Now that H-D sells them for a hundred bucks or so, I suspect that they are only good for storing straws for the Moca Frappuchino that some fuktard was complaining about in another thread. Goes with the matching cup holder. :hystria::harhar:%[email protected]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts