V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to put the Harley Davidson Billet Forward controls on my new Deuce, but accorcing to the catalog, they won't fit with the SE 16 ga shotgun exhaust. Now, that's not the exhaust that is going on my bike, it's the V&H Bigshots Staggered, but those are basically the same. The dealership isn't too keen on ordering the controls and taking them back if they don't fit.

Has anybody here had experience with either the Harley forward controls, or a nice aftermarket set on a Deuce that also has aftermarket pipes?

·
I'm Paid Up...
1,732 Posts
I put the Ness setup on my buddys bike.. It extended the reach 3". He has the V+H 2 into 1. No clearance problems. These are extensions for the stock forward units, so they mount in the same holes.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
apache36 said:
the ness kit rocks IMHO
josh
My main concern at this point is that whatever forward controls I choose will fit with the pipes that I already chose.

Nice pipes on your Mistress, how do they perform?

·
Registered
79 Posts
sledman said:
My main concern at this point is that whatever forward controls I choose will fit with the pipes that I already chose.

Nice pipes on your Mistress, how do they perform?

Sledman - I'm running Big shot staggereds on my 04 Deuce. No clearance problems at all with Accutronix forward controls.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After careful consideration and experimentation, I think I will go with something that extends the controls about 2" from the factory set. Still shopping...............

·
professional doof
690 Posts
yes you should be fine. the ness kit used your existing bolt pattern, and basically extendes it out. crap i hope that made sense...lol. as far as the pipes, for a 2-2 there not too bad. but you know the deal on pipes.
josh

btw thanks for the comments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts