V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Ridge Rider
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K I know this probably isn't the proper forum but this one gets the most hits. Who is planning to ride to Biketoberfest in Daytona next week? Any 'eyeballs' planned? When are you leaving and is anyone coming through North Georgia. The S.O. and I will be leaving Monday, probably staying somewhere in South Ga. Monday night, and then into Daytona Tuesday. We'll be staying in New Smyrna and would love to hook with some of y'all.

·
Registered
306 Posts
BTW, Daytona has outlawed G-strings. :(

I wonder what the guy who wears boots and a g-string and stands in front of Corbin by his bike is going to do now?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thumbs definitely down on the g-string ban!:mad:
Ditto on HarleyHottie not wearing hers in pubic! (I mean public :p )
(Sorry HH, couldn't let it pass)
Anyway, distantstorm & I will get there Sun. afternoon, but have to head back home on Fri. AM
Name the time & place for an e-b and we'll plan to be there.
BTW Dawg, any firm-up plans on the GA e-b?????????
bear

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I think a few of us from the beltway area could make a EyeBall in down there.....

·
Registered
306 Posts
HarleyHottie said:
When did that happen??? Not that I wear mine in public but I think it would be fun to see the Corbin guy.
I think it passed last week. :mad: Daytona is starting to get a little annoying. No Flashing and now no thongs? What the hell is going on? Maybe I can start my own Bike Week, anyone want to come down to Jupiter? Its quite a bit warmer then Daytona. :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
The anti-nudity ordinance debate even brought out independent candidate for governor Bob Kunst, who drove from Miami and sought out reporters.

"The policing of this thing is insane when we're dealing with things like terrorism," he said.

I'm voting for this guy!!!

·
Ridge Rider
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bear, nothing firm on the Georgia eyeball. We should be in Daytona sometime Tuesday. PM me and I'll give you my Cell number. Maybe we can hook up somewhere. Hey effle18, let me know when you put the Jupiter Bike Week together. I love lookin' at them thong thaings. Real purdy.......

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
As per Kags

Eyeball at Jackson Hole (around the picnic tables) at 5:00 PM on Friday.

JFScheck, I'm leaving on Tuesday morning, gonna ride the entire BlueRidge Parkway then through western SC, then...???

Let me know if you want to ride along.

wyo

·
Registered
312 Posts
Rumor around here is that they(city) are tring to kill bike week. Much like they killed spring break a few years back. MSF people were telling us about it when I took the class last spring. He said they are planning on passing anti-motorcycle laws until they run it out of Daytona. Don't know if there is any truth to it, but i know they city has taken a financial beating on the last few bike weeks.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Financial beating? Where did you hear/see that?

Killed spring break? This last one (spring break) seemed alive and well. They cracked down on beer drinking in public & under age.

The last time I look the city was saying BIKE WEEK brought in more money than spring break, art festival, Daytoma 500 &400 and all there rock concerts combined. I guess they should dump bike week.

The last bike week I saw more tickets issued for loud pipes.

There are soultions to some of the problems I think and some of the surounding towns are trying to help take some of the crowed crunch out of main street.

Anybody that wants to get together for some B/S & beer/drink/food I will have on my

HARLEY-
DAVIDSON
vest and my Harley bar & shield ball cap W/orange & yellow flames.
I am 165 lbs and 5'9"
Jackson Hole is on US-1 a little north of SR-40 in Ormond Beach, you cant miss the crowd in the area.

·
Registered
396 Posts
The city has pretty much suspended any advertising or other promotion of Spring Break. They don't want it. As for the bike events the city is overwhelmed by the masses of people that show up. They will continue to advertise and promote bike events for the foreseeable future. Since there are too many people that attend they figure they can harass/hassle those who are less well behaved and not really suffer a significant economic impact or the occasional bad press. The city needs bike events to survive. Ideally, Daytona wants us to tiptoe into town, spend lotsa money on overpriced stuff and then quietly leave. They will continue to tighten the screws on behavior and riding infractions until it significantly affects attendance.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Isn't Orlando trying to pull people from Bike Week? I remember I was up there last December and stopped at the small dealership on International and they had flyers out for the Orlando Bike Week, and I thought it was the same time as Daytona?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Like i said i don't know anything except for what i have heard and read. The City government is the one complaining about losing $ on bike week. I am sure the Merchants and Hotels make out like bandits, but everything i have heard is the city government is the one that doesn't want it any more. What i have heard basically amounts to the bikers run out the "real tourists".

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yea the real tourists pay 200/ night for 5-10 nights to stay in Daytona. RIIIIIGHT. The city gov. needs to get their heads out of their asses.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Yup, Orlando Harley is trying to steal away some of the action. They are doing it again for Biketoberfest. Some Daytona retailers are upset about this, but jeez, Daytona is a gridlock, prices are outrageous and the cops suck so what do they expect? Daytona will ALWAYS be the center of activity for Bikeweek and Biketoberfest so I don't know why they are whining about a couple of thousand people daytrippin' over to O'town.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts