·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
miles to go said:
Some may be rideable but i see a few rigids in there. I wouldn't call a rigid rideable unless it has a sprung seat.
I just sold my softail American IronHorse. Those wide tire bikes ride stiff, (due to the very narrow sidewalls) even with rear suspension. If I were to buy another high end bike, I wouldn't hesitate to go with a rigid. Remember that these bikes are strictly Bar Hoppers.

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
xcelr8 said:
I just sold my softail American IronHorse. Those wide tire bikes ride stiff, (due to the very narrow sidewalls) even with rear suspension. If I were to buy another high end bike, I wouldn't hesitate to go with a rigid. Remember that these bikes are strictly Bar Hoppers.
Just sold my Big Dog Ridgeback. I'll never go down that road again.

·
Registered
428 Posts
miles to go said:
Some may be rideable but i see a few rigids in there. I wouldn't call a rigid rideable unless it has a sprung seat.
I had a rigid as my only form of transportation, for over a year. It did not have a sprung seat, and I felt no need to make any changes. Regulating rear tire pressure can render it almost comfortable. :roflback:

Depends on what you want, and how badly.

Highmiles 43

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
Highmiles said:
I had a rigid as my only form of transportation, for over a year. It did not have a sprung seat, and I felt no need to make any changes. Regulating rear tire pressure can render it almost comfortable. :roflback:

Depends on what you want, and how badly.

Highmiles 43
Maybe some rigids are more rideable than others. I did air down the rear tire on my BD, but it would still jar your spine if you hit a good pothole. I thought I chipped a tooth one time while crossing a RR track. Some guys can ride anything anywhere. I guess i'm just getting old and comfort out-weighs cool.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Nice pics, I like the chopped bagger :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts