V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anti Noise Crowed ot of hand

I got this from one of my other HD sites.
The anti Noise crowd is way out of hand.
http://www.noiseoff.org/motorcycles.shtml

This is copied from there site directly

Bikers who ride around in big noisy machines enjoy the attention they get, particularly from annoyed passersby. They cover themselves in leather and metal to show how tough they are. They see themselves as free-spirited rebels following their own rules. They are not outlaws, they are overbearing.

Solutions

Do not approach or attempt to reason with bikers. Most of them are belligerent. When possible, take down their license plate number and call the police. In communities where the police pull over bikers, often they find alcohol, drugs and sometimes weapons. In a few cases, bikers have outstanding warrants for their arrest.
:2flips:

·
doof member
719 Posts
In addition...should we close airports, ban rock music, public address systems at sporting events, and construction whatsoever?????

These people need to latch on to a real cause like adoption, AIDS, feeding and housing the poor. Just a few ideas.

Budking:265: :harhar: :2flips: :whatever: :loser: :spank:

·
Who, me?
434 Posts
How does it feel to be an "accoustic terrorist".

Give me a friggen break. Why don't we just legislate breathing processes such that all that cannot abide by the standards are forced to hold their breath.

:whatever:

·
Another Great Day to Ride
963 Posts
I think it's a front for the Auto Theft and Car Car Strippers Association of America...

They want to ban car alarms too!!!

Those people are nuts...

I wonder if Al Gore is behind this...

·
Another Great Day to Ride
963 Posts
Here's a good one:

Law Enforcement

The police are responsible for enforcing noise ordinances in communities...

In some communities, the police perpetuate the problem. Some officers have personal vehicles with custom pipes, boom cars and car alarms that go off intermittently. They are not always receptive to public inquiry or demands for better enforcement. Some people are afraid of dealing with the police for fear of retaliation. Most officers genuinely care but do not have the authority or departmental mandate to effectively handle noise pollution complaints.
Cops are actually agents of acoustic terrorism....!!!

Give me a break...

E

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
The fuggin idiots need to go live on Mars. But then again, they'd complain about the rocket noise getting them there.:whatever:

·
Who, me?
434 Posts
The PDF says that, "the noise is nerve shattering to adults and frightening to children".

When I went out Halloween night to see the kids in their costumes and outfits I had them running up TO my bike rather then running away.

Whenver we're at a gas station or at a restaraunt all people want to do is look and listen to our bikes. They collect a following. Heck I've seen people drive like idiots just to keep a good view of a nice bobber or chopper going down the road (me included).

Get another cause man cause this one is LAME!

:loser: :stupid: :wacko: :duh?:

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
You guys can make fun if you want, and I agree with you, but the reallity is, in this country many times the minority speak load enough to set the rules.
"Under God" in the Pleage of Allegiance is one example.
Citys in Colorado, California and Arizona have already passed noise oridinace directly aimed at motorcycles and they give out tickets freely and willingly.
People move in next to an Airport and complain about the noise, in the end the airport loses.
In ten years motorcycle noise ordinances will be common in more places than you can count, including Sturgis, Datona, Loconia, etc.
Make fun if you want, but that site and its supportors are a real threat, cazy or not, Full of lies or not. The general public does not know any difference, they only know whant they are told. Look at gun control. Lies and deciet by the minority got them where they are today.

·
Who, me?
434 Posts
You're right, we cannot sit idly by and allow people who feel compelled to get a ban on something they know nothing of (other then it may infringe on their sense of propriety).

We do need to stay together and represent what we feel to be our pursuit of happiness. If we don't we simply defer our perogative to those who understand the system of local government.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I'm such a terrorist. I ride my no-baffles bike to work, in a leather jacket, leather boots, leather gloves, and blue jeans. If they only knew I was on my way to keep the information systems running for the company that manufactures the AIDS medication, huh?

·
Humpin One Leg at a Time
455 Posts
The funny thing is they have a picture of a stock V-Rod on their website. Right under where they talk about how loud harleys are. That is funny.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I just sent them this email:

Dear Sir or Madam:

I think your generalization of motorcyclists is somewhat stuck in the thought process of the 60's and 70's. Although the modern-day motorcyclist may wear leather and ride a bike that generates noise, he or she is far from being the stereotypical outlaw from decades ago. I use my motorcycle to commute in heavy traffic most days, and even though I have loud pipes on my bike, I am considerate enough to keep the engine running low while commuting. I reserve times when I hit the throttle for the highway or other places where noise volumes are already excessive. Also, the loud pipes on my motorcycle keep the other, sleepy-eyed, morning commuters aware that I am around. I have a wife and two children who would hate to find out I was involved in a traffic accident caused by an early morning commuter who was just unaware I was on the road.

Your statements regarding reasoning with motorcyclists also seem very generalized, and frankly, wrong. Most motorcyclists I know are far from belligerent, especially for no reason. Why would anybody, biker or not, be belligerent over somebody approaching them in public? The only reason I could foresee someone being aggressive to a stranger would be if he or she were provoked. Perhaps it's the attitude in which YOU approach people that needs to be looked at, and not the attitude of those who enjoy motorcycles?

Now, I could be considered overbearing with my leather jacket, motorcycle, tattoos, and overall appearance, but the last time I checked, this was not illegal. Why would you call the police on me? Why would you assume that because of how I look, I would have drugs or alcohol on my person more than any other person on the road? You are right about one thing, if I were pulled over the police would find weapons on me; however, they would also find a legally obtained permit to carry said weapons. I don't see this as being an issue.

Let's not forget all of the motorcycle drives that raise money for children, disease research, hurricane victims, and/or any other given crisis. When is the last time you saw a drive to help the community at your local BMW, Cadillac, or Infiniti dealer?

I think you really need to reconsider your thoughts on motorcyclists, and if you really have this much of a drive to make a difference in the world, why not apply it to something positive? Hurting motorcyclists' rights ultimately hurts the community you live in, whether you realize it or not.

Sincerely,
Frank Consoli

P.S. - Remember the job I mentioned commuting to earlier? I'm the guy who keeps the information systems running at the plant that manufactures the medication for HIV/AIDS disease. Wouldn't you feel guilty about keeping me from the office because I may or may not have drugs, alcohol, weapons, or warrants just because of my choice of dress and vehicle? I know I would.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Excellent letter Stale!!!

·
Humpin One Leg at a Time
455 Posts
I think these people are just pissed at the world. There are seperate pages for car alarms, neighbors, truckers etc...

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
LittleBear said:
You guys can make fun if you want, and I agree with you, but the reallity is, in this country many times the minority speak load enough to set the rules.
"Under God" in the Pleage of Allegiance is one example.
Citys in Colorado, California and Arizona have already passed noise oridinace directly aimed at motorcycles and they give out tickets freely and willingly.
People move in next to an Airport and complain about the noise, in the end the airport loses.
In ten years motorcycle noise ordinances will be common in more places than you can count, including Sturgis, Datona, Loconia, etc.
Make fun if you want, but that site and its supportors are a real threat, cazy or not, Full of lies or not. The general public does not know any difference, they only know whant they are told. Look at gun control. Lies and deciet by the minority got them where they are today.
Unless the majority stand up to be heard, the vocal minority of do-gooders will continue to set public policy. We have let it happen to ourselves.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Honest, I thought it was a prank website at first. It sounded exactly like the rhetoric of the '60s. I guess it's good to be reminded every once in a while that there are still people in the world that would have us all look, act, talk, drive and fart alike if left to them. I sent them a little note including my credentials just to remind them that it's not nice to generalize about a group of people based on a parameter that has absolutely nothing to do with human behavior. Judging from some of the points they tried to make in the article, I don't think they'll understand what I said. This nonsense of generalization is so far left of left it borders on pink. Perhaps they should have listened more closely to one of the most remarkable liberals in the history of the world. Mary King would have them judge us by our character, not by our appearance.

·
Who, me?
434 Posts
I am a supporter of free speech and I feel that they should have the right to organize in such a way that their message can be heard. But I am in agreement with everyone here that their generalizations are based on their own biased view of things (as most of us are prone to do).

I am happy this was brought up. I review my local charters to see if there are any legislative pursuits that are being brought to bear that I may want to have a voice on. I think we should all take part in that. You guys have stepped up with those letters - good job.

Man democracy is work.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I posted my email and a link to that site on every other forum that I know bikers frequent. Hopefully they'll receive some contradicting, yet tasteful, email from other people as well.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Thanks!

Okay, so somebody deleted their whole website. Who was it? Try the link now, the place is just... gone.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts