V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know any online custom shops or other bike places that have good looking long sleeve t shirts? I got three from J&P but I need some from other places

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
The Harley DavidsonForum will be selling some nice shirts shortly at a very reasonable price.

The guy designing the different logos was a cocaine addict and went to jail and left the job unfinished. Imagine that.

Hired someone else and he is just about finished with the screens. Very nice.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Long sleeve please, also maybe some red ones, I like black but sometimes another color is good :D

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
This is one of my favorites.

http://www.flexnet.nl/~theotherplace/

The Other Place, along with Excalibur are 81 Amsterdam owned and operated.

Long sleeve is the bottom left. I can tell you that right now they have all sizes except XXL.

http://www.flexnet.nl/~excalibur/

This is for Excalibur.

If you happen to select any of the shirts I would recomend that you NOT select the one that says "I Know Big Will Personally."

Big Will is AMS 81 Chapter Pres and it would probably be best not to wear this unless you do. HA HA.

Lastly.

http://www.brm-winkel.com/

This is the SUPPORT Shop in Amsterdam. They have a few nice shirts long sleeve. Their prices are translated into Euros. Figure 15 Euros are about 11 USD. The prices are therefore quite good I would say. The shirts are good quality. I have a couple that are better than 2 years old and they are in great shape.

I have added these sites because I have been there and they are somewhat "different" if you ride in the USA. I don't wear much from the SUPPORT shop here in Houston because it would be considered disrespectful.

One thing I can say is these folks in Amsterdam are good people. I took your post as looking for something a bit different so I hope this helps.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am have been looking for some H-D clothes also. Anything like T-shirts or even button up shirts. My local H-D shop wants $35.00 for a common T-shirt. I don't want you all to think I am cheap but I have a hard time paying that much for a T-shirt. If anyone out there knows of any H-D shops on line please drop me a line.

Thanks
PJ

Ride Safe and Often

·
Registered
297 Posts
I've purchased alot of my HD shirt from ebay, you can get brand new stuff on there at a good price.

pjmac, $35 is a total rip off! our dealers around here sell them for $20, which I think is still a bit much for a T shirt:mad:

·
Registered
56 Posts
t shirts

....do a "search" on line by asking "harley davidson apparel" you'll be hit with about a thousand sites that have shirts (authentic), patches,pins.....etc...alot are the more common type, but once in a while you'll find something different at a decent price...

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
I know this doesn't help but last weekend my wife & I were shopping at one of those bargain type discount stores & lo & behold!,gen u wine liscensced Harley tees! They had about 10 different styles in all sizes,colors,in perfect shape.Best part of all is they were 5 bucks each!!!I bought 6 of 'em.

Thirty five bucks for a tee shirt is insane! I too hate paying twenty bucks for a friggin' tee shirt.

E-bay is a great idea.
guido

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
J&P Cycles has some decent shirts

About ten years ago the Department of the Navy took a hard stand on motorcycle safety. The required all Civilians, sailors and marines to wear long sleeves, long pants, boots, gloves, helmets and eye protection. Additionally they required one off those flourescent orange vest with reflective material on it. This was required off or on base. If you had a accident and it was found out that you were not wearing the required equipment then they could refuse to pay medical bills, life insurance and take punative action against you.

Last year they changed the regs and dont require the flourescent orange vest with reflective material on it. The regs now say in daylight hours you must wear brightly colored outer garment, and at night the outer garment must have some reflective value. They dont specify what brightly colored is, but it aint black.

Harley has some decent looking stuff that fits the bill, along with their line of reflective patches. Now we DON employees dont have to wear those stupid construction vest any more. The image I have is attached is what I use to satisfy the requirments.

Now you know why I asked for something other than black t shirts and specified long sleeve :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
You are absolutely right Misguided. I've been active duty Army for about 27 years and as a Medical Officer I can personally attest to the fact that Uncle won't pay if you don't follow his rules. I was stationed in Colorado a few years ago and there was a young soldier who bought it just off post on his scooter. He wasn't wearing a helmet and the Army refused to pay his family the life insurance (200,000 at the time). They also tried to charge his wife for the medical bills (who was left with small children), but the community went into an uproar over it and they dropped that part, but still wouldn't pay the insurance. I guess they were trying to flex thier muscle and show us who's boss! I'm proud to serve, but don't always agree with some of the crap they pull. I personally wear a helmet (shorty) because of that fact and also because our oldest son (19) died as a result of head injuries he sustained in an accident and now my wife is paranoid when I ride. Lessons learned the hard way I guess.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
There's a store in a local mall called WE GOT WHAT'S HOT and they sell all kinds of Harley apparell including boots. Don't know if it is "genuine" or not but their prices are very reasonable compared to Sheldon's HD down the street. I don't know if it is a franchised store or or if there are others around the USA. Yeah and I paid $20 for a fucking scullcap in a HD store in the Bahamas. OK' I'm a sucker for that ****!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts