V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting together a list of suitable Biker hotels and Inns. All suitable hostelries would be welcome 1* to 5* all welcome togther with your own comments.

Graham

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi TCZZ

Thanks for that. We do intend to visit most if not all sites given to us in the next couple of years so I will be pleased to remeber your remarks and will not forget to say to Joe "Timmy sent me"

Thanks again and if any of your buddies have anything to say please ask them to mail me or post it on the forum.

Regards
Graham

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Nope, doesn't smell like spam!

Nope, twincamzz, your post didn't smell like spam.

The AMA has hotel discount deals with several chains, particularly Super 8. Depending on the hotel, they'll sometimes let you park your bike on the sidewalk in front of your room, or give you special location where the bike can be chained.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Re: Shiloh Motor Inn

twincamzz said:

Hope I don't get flamed for SPAM. The guy asked, and I'm just offering a great place to stay for bikers. I do not have any financial interest in the Shiloh.

twincamzz,

1. no financial interest
2. supplying requested info
3. biker friendly = biker relevant

This ain't spam.

Thanks for sharing the info.

wyo

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
Twincamzz, you have almost 300 posts, you are a contributor not a spammer !! We all post links to interesting sites and businesses, and encourage people to share thier experiences !!!:D:D

Alien

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi you all, I,am he guy that asked for the info and I can promise you from the U.k this is definitely not a spam. We have good reason for asking and we thank you all for the responce.

Although spaming does take place in the U.K its does not appear so much as in the U.S.A.

Anyway once again thanks for the input.

Graham ;)

·
Registered
688 Posts
Does anybody know any biker friendly hotels/motels in N.California,(Sacto area) or Nevada?

·
Registered
34 Posts
TWO (Two Wheels Only) is nice in Georgia and there is a place near Bimingham, AL called 29 Dreams (on Highway 29) that is also motorcycle only.

Reading these posts makes me think I need to plan a week at those stops and skip bikeweek next year so that I can get some riding done.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Cromagnum, there's a biker friendly historic hotel in Murphys, CA called, aptly, Murphys Hotel. Murphys is in Calaveras County, Hwy 4 off Hwy 49 east of Angel's Camp. Murphys is a fantastic Gold Country town in the best riding area I've ever seen. I think it was a stagecoach stop in the 1800s. Built in 1856. Their website is www.murphyshotel.com. Other Norcal folks, do you agree?

People should note that in some areas of Norcal and Nevada, biker-friendly does NOT translate into colors friendly. For those of you wearing HOG patches, this might extend to you as well since John Q Citizen might not understand....

·
Registered
688 Posts
Oaktown, thanx, Me and OL will be traveling that part around May next year. Will check it out. No I don't wear colors, clean jacket and vest, but for those who do, Ride your own ride!!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Cromagnum, if you're heading this way, I sure recommend a ride down Hwy 49. It's gold country (i.e., 1849 and all). Lots of historic towns, beautiful winding highways, etc. And you can cut over to Yosimite (I can't remember how it's spelled). Some highways may still be closed in early to mid May but the CA caltrans website lists closures. Let me know if you're interested and I can send you some more detailed recommendations.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Oaktown

Be pleased for you to send me some of the information you have.

Look forward to hearing from you

Bomber:D

·
Registered
688 Posts
Oaktown, We usta live in Folsom, so we know the area pretty well. We just didn't know about biker friendly hotels. Still got family there so we visit every now and then. Thanx

1 - 13 of 13 Posts