V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a week ago, bike would give a clicking sound before starting, and bike had problem starting (rough start). I charged battery, and then it seemed to start fine. It started fine this morning, stopped to get gas, it wouldn't restart. Had power, lights, etc.. but pressed the start button and nothing. No clicking sound or nothing. I disconnected/reconnected battery, and tried to start but nothing. After about 15 minutes, I tried again and it started right up. Got home, shut it off and tried to restart, and nothing. What could be wrong? Battery, alternator, relay fuses, starter?

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
What could be wrong? Battery, alternator, relay fuses, starter?
Could be any of these. I'd start by checking all the fuses. If they all check out, then try swapping the starter relay with one of the other relays on the bike that you know is good. If that doesn't get the starter to try to start the bike, then the relay is bad. If all that checks out ok then its time to whip out a multi-meter and start poking around.

Good luck...

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
I would start with taking the battery for a load test, it may be on its last leg , I just had mine go bad it was on the tender in the garage rode 2 days earlier came in plugged it in went out 2 days later dead battery , it would lite the lights and radio would work but under load of the starter it was dead .

LoneEagle

1 - 3 of 3 Posts