V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 Street Glide with the HD security system. I have been overseas for the past two years. Before I left, I removed the battery from the bike and left it on a maintainer. Got back last week, put the battery back in the bike. Battery is fully charged. Everything works, except it wont crank. Checked battery in key FOB and found it to be dead. Replaced with 2032 3V battery. Still nothing. Acts as if FOB isnt there. Lights flash and the whole nine yards.

HELP!!

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
The owners manual has the procedure to override the key fob. I'm sure we could help with a bit more info. I own an '07 Street Glide and have the owners manual and service manual.

·
Registered
1 Posts
did you change the code after dealer set up the bike you do this withe the turn signal swithes ad it is time consuming or you can reboot system by cycleing the ingnition switch 3 time it might worrk but you just may have to reset the code withe same or a new one my dealer used the samme code on all bike set ups so i made my own it was a pain inthe but but it was woth it to me just take your time :)

·
Sniper
1,659 Posts
One more thing you may want to double check. YOu may want to make sure your battery connections are nice and tight. You may have enuf voltage to turn the lights on etc but the starter draws a huge amount to turn over the motor. I'd make sure that issue is not it rather than your security system. Just a thought

·
Registered
200 Posts
I would double check that FOB battery, make sure you didn't put the new one in backwards. If not try another battery, sure sounds like a FOB battery issue.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. Battery conections are good. Checked new battery in FOB. 3.2 volts. Fob battery is in the correct way. Have never made any changes to the codes. Just wondering if having the bike battery out of the bike for two years might have and effect on the memory.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just bought a 2008 Streetglide and while I was looking at it there was a similar problem. The HD mechanic that I spoke to said that there is a sequence that you must follow when removing the battery. You must remove a large fuse, about 1" in length, 40A I believe, before you remove the battery, if you don't it won't work. So try this, remove the battery, remove the 40A fuse. Reinstall/connect the battery and lastly, reinstall the 40A fuse. Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rode bike all day, started and stopped about 3 times no issue. came back out sat and the alarm system (lights flashed) checked to see if I had the key, I did. Got spare key nothing. Got new battery for key fob changed both... nothing. Tried the security override still nothing. lights still flash with two key fobs and the override code entered. Battery is month old. Rode all weekend not problem till now...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts