V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all the folks that want to go but can make it to Daytona Ill put a mile on for you...
For the other Folks that plan on going have a great time, I plan to...

·
Registered
72 Posts
They are poppin' people left and right for pipes, ape hangers, anything. Nothing but harrasment tickets. Stay away from Main Street and places where the bike traffic is backed up. State and county LE are out full force.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Was on I-95 over the weekend. In any 20 minute period, you could see two dozen trailers (with bikes) heading south. Have fun guys.:D

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well all that rain has kepted me home. As much riding as I do I dont feal the need to be cold & wet just to go sit in traffic. I will wait it out maybe next weekend. Hopefully the AHDRA will not get rained out, I plan to go see that.

·
Registered
725 Posts
A post on another H-D board noted how it has rained everyday and many overpasses are filled with parked bikes underneath with riders waiting. Also, many vendors aren't opening up seeing the rain and knowing more is coming. Well, this is what one report from Daytona said.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I travel about a 40 mile stretch of I-95 every morning heading to work. Since Friday I get to watch the bikes heading south while I head to work. Wish I were there rain or shine.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I talked to my buddie that lives there this morning and he did confirm it has rained everyday and started before bike week. But it is supposed to clear up later today or tonight. In fact the warm air from the south is supposed to push up the front thats stalled over Daytona so the rain should be gone and it should warm up some. Hell we were 92 down here on Sunday.
We are cruising up on Thursday.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Heading out in the morning for DAYTONA. Thought it would never get here. I'll have a glass of iced tea (yea,right), for all the guys at HDF that had to stay home. I know the feeling -- but not this year.
I have Thealien's phone number & plan to link up on Thursday along with some others.
Gene P.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts