V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i'm new here and sorry if this has been touched on. i have a 98 dyna superglide. okay i pulled out from a stop sign was on it to get up to speed. i went thru 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. eased off the throttle to settle in at 35 mph(posted speed limit). when the the bike stopped running, but was still coasting forward. got to the side and pushed to next drive way. looked no oil was leaking. fluids all good. tried to turn it over battery acted weak, would barely turn, no start. got it home tried again it started. pulled primary to check stator found bolt from chain tensioner missing.(found behind clutch basket pretty chewed up). but that all i can see. stator&rotor looks good. why did it just shut down i'm trying to figure?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would think that it may have bound up. Lucky you didnt push it thru a case. I am surprised you did not hear the chain loose and slapping the case.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it was a mounting bolt(the large phillips head) the bottom one was still in holding the tensioner in place. my inner primary is grooved behind my clutch basket

1 - 3 of 3 Posts