V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an opportunity to purchase a 2006 CVO screaming eagles 103” street glide with 59k mi or a 2006 88” street glide with 17k mi. for the same price. What’s my better option between the two given the miles?

·
Registered
9,250 Posts
I have an opportunity to purchase a 2006 CVO screaming eagles 103” street glide with 59k mi or a 2006 88” street glide with 17k mi. for the same price. What’s my better option between the two given the miles?
You don't provide enough info. What's your intended use? Plan to keep a while? Do your own work? What "extras" are on the bikes? Etc?

Dunno what you're looking at spending either, but as far as hassle-free, long-term, I'd def go with an '06 and between the two, be looking hard at the one that's in best condition, best maintained. The lower mileage one could be interesting.

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Does anyone know if the 06 SE 103 came with SE hydraulic tensioner or were they spring tensioners? That would be a big factor in my decision. Try to find out if either has the hydraulic cam tensioner upgrade. Seriously consider that one.

That aside, FSDRYDR is correct, a lot depends on overall condition. SE has the bling..... if you like that kinda stuff.

I wouldn't worry about the 40k miles difference if the higher mileage bike is better maintained.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts