V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2004 faboy has pulled to the right slightly since the day i got it. i have taken it in the the harley shop and the techs there say they do not feel it pulling. however other have ridden the bike and say that it is noticeable. any ideas on what could be causing this, it only happens (or is only noticeable ) at highway speeds, the faster you go the worse it gets. please help.thanks.

·
Total Nutcase
2,691 Posts
Check the alignment of the rear end. If you don't have a service manual for your bike, go buy one. It's some of the best money you will ever spend. It explains the alignment procedure. My new DWG pulled to the right from the day I rode it out of the dealer's lot. First thing I did was check the rear wheel alignment. One side was off by 1/2". I corrected it and now it tracks straight as an arrow.

·
Banned
202 Posts
Take it to a different shop.

I had a high speed wobble and took it to the dealer I bought it from for them to fix it and 3 hours later it was exactly the same.

I ended up taking it someplace else and they fixed it properly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the advice guys thats the second time in the last tweleve hours some one has mentioned rear wheel alignment. i am hoping that is the cure. i am going to get started on monday checking it. i appreciate the help.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Gotta quit laying your personal fat boy down the right leg. Adjust yourself so it runs down the left leg. That'll balance the bike better.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
my heritage drifted to the left until I had new tires put on by a freind who knows his chit. He lined up the rear tire and wala, straight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts