V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a pic I took last Sunday when we had unseasonably warm weather.
I had just finished putting on the chrome engine kit, V&H fuelpak and the Ness big sucker the day before so the weather timing was perfect so I could give it a test ride.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It comes up on my pc. I tried it in the test forum first (then deleted it). Must have done something wrong if you got an "X"? I'll try again later.

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
Can't see anything yet, and the link doesn't work for me...
Hope you get it fixed. I like pictures.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
:thumbsup:

EEEEE Like a Glove.

Very nice scoot. I love the standards once the chrome packages have been added to the bikes motor. Besides the Fatboy, it is one of my favorite HD's.

·
Banned
139 Posts
How much did you lower the rear end --and front if you did--? Looks good and I need to do it on my 05'

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
roloplex said:
How much did you lower the rear end --and front if you did--? Looks good and I need to do it on my 05'
Lowered the rear about 2", the front is stock. Lowering and the badlander seat makes it a little sleeker I think. New pull back drag bars are going to be next I think.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
nice...and black...my favorite...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Roloplex, the one thing I had the dealer do before I picked up the bike was install the lowering kit. Everything else I have done myself with the assistance of an HD manual (well worth the money).

Jawrider, I only got to ride it 35 miles last Sunday but I did notice a bit more power. I'll know more when the weather straightens out, snow forecasted for today. :thumbsdn: I put the pipes on last summer and that made a hell of difference in performance over stock. No other internal mods to the engine .......yet.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
apache36 said:
hey 05fxsti check out the mistress...seems we're on the same track.
josh
Josh, Nice lookin' ride. How do you like those bars? Where to they set in relation to the position of stock bars, farther forward?

·
Banned
139 Posts
Hey 05fxsti

I put a set of Khrome Werks Beefy drag bars on my ride and the position is real close to stock just hands are closer together. They have 28" total width with 6" total pullback on a 8" rise. I am 6'1.... put my new seat on that moved me down and back and it is real comfortable. Look at my profile there is a pic. Any less rise and I think the bars would hit the tank

1 - 20 of 24 Posts