V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
luna said:
It has been in the 20's here so I haven't had the bike out for about a month. Just wondering how long is to long to leave it parked in an unheated garage. Changed all the fluids and had a short ride then it got cold and windy. 05 Road King 5000 mi. Thanks for any advice.

I dont think i would worry about it ,,, as has been said change the fluids,,,, thow a tender on it ,, and you may or may not want to put stable in the fuel. I live in michigan ,,, our bikes sit from late nov to the middle of march ....if we are lucky we get a ride during the jan thaw .....what you dont want to do is keep going out and starting it up. You are doing it no good to run it unless you run it long enough to fully bring it up to operating tempature ,,,, running for 5 or 10 minutes actually isnt good for the bike due to it never gets hot enough to burn off the moisture created by the combustion process.... rat

·
Registered
769 Posts
berserker said:
You really should do something with the gas. Think about it. What happens to gas? Gums up, turns to varnish. Either drain it or put stabil it. I used to turn the petcock off and run it. Now I use stabil.

Please dont drain the gas ,,, your tank has a very good chance of rusting .... as for stabil..... i have gone 7 winters with two bikes ,, no stabil ,, no problems ..it is a good idea to top off the tank ......rat

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.