V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
What the %$#%!%# ?
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a lift for my bike, what are the options?

It would make it easier to clean and work on...

Thanks in advance.... !drunk!

·
Ride It, whatever it is!
244 Posts
Lots of guys use the Sears Motorcycle Jack, that's what I have. Now they have a newer model out that is aluminum and is lower to the ground, makes it easier to get it under the bike. With mine I have roll my Dyna up on 2x4's before the jack will fit under the frame and the Dyna frame adapters I need to lift it. If I could do it again i'd get the aluminum one, but it wasn't out when I got mine. The regular one I believe runs about $80 and the aluminum one I believe is in the $150 neighborhood.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
I posted this some time ago. Cheap option, works fine.

I found directions on nightrider on how to build a simple center lift for about $20. I made one, it was easy and it works well. Posted this in a couple of places because I thought it would be very helpful for those who want to work on their bike without spending a lot for a lift. www.nightrider.com/biketech/bikelift.htm

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
j_crawford said:
Looks very much like the one I bought at PEP BOYS only mine doesn't have a attached handle to move it around. Mine has a handle you just sorta hook to it anf pull it around.

Got mine at pep boys too—around $50 bucks. I just have to roll the bike onto 1" pieces of wood to get the jack under. otherwise, works perfect.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I tried my craftman lift on my wifes 05 1200C and it didn't work very well. too much weight in the rear, made it very unstable. it was difficult to find a way to get it under the bike on the frame. the sportster has 2 u shaped cross members under it and were in the way of the lift getting on the frame. woung up with the front of the frame just barely on the lift. got it up in the air but didn't like how it worked so didn't get one for it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
sears lift

I got thee $79 Sears steel lift works great on 03 & earlier Sporty but have not got chance to make any kind of adapter to fit rubber mount 04 & later XL :beatdh:
But it works on Softail and Gezzer Glides :laugh:
Of course on fxst and fxd needs a board or 2 under wheels to get frame up
it all depends on what you want to do and how much moolah u wanna spend:boobies:
RIP

1 - 10 of 10 Posts