V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks I was about to go out and buy the lift sold at Sears (heard good things) when I read somewhere that it would'nt work for my 03 heritage classic. Anyone heard the same? I'd like to get the bike off the floor during winter. Any and all suggestions welcomed.
If I posted this in the wrong area it's because I did'nt know where to put it.

Thanks,Mac

·
Registered
603 Posts
I shaved the ribs on the rubber pads off and removed a portion of the center section of the pads to clear the oil pan, to fit under my VROD, works great. You can ride your bike up on a couple of pieces plywood or 2x6's under the tires to provide more clearance.

JMS

·
Registered
69 Posts
bike lift

if you haven't bought yet and there is a sams' club near, the one here has a lift for $75.00 complete with the jack. It has wheels on it so you can roll the bike around.

B

·
0 Posts
The Craftsman has wheels and a very nice handle for rolling the bike around. It also comes with tiedowns. Looks a bit better built than the Sam's Club unit. All in all I thought it was well worth the minor cost difference. A $715 lift (plus an air compressor...) for the amount of work I do on my bike would be like buying a full set of Snap-On's ... really nice stuff but I'd never get my money's worth out of it.

·
Registered
575 Posts
txjimbo said:
if you haven't bought yet and there is a sams' club near, the one here has a lift for $75.00 complete with the jack. It has wheels on it so you can roll the bike around.
Search the boards, someone here was given the Sam's as a gift, I think he said the build quality was not as good, and it was wobbly compared to the Craftsman a neighbor had.

Last week the Craftsman was on sale for $107, check the Sears website for the current price. They also post sale prices there when there is one. I am waiting for the day after Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I will be picking up my craftman lift tomorrow. They are on sale here in Orlando for $99.99. Any pointers on changing oil for v-rod???? Some say shave off some rubber, some say move jack further back by rear wheel and lift only rear and some have no problems.

B

·
0 Posts
Sears has a free 'Craftsman Tool Club' which (according to a flyer they just mailed me...) gets you an extra $10 off the lift. They just sent me a card in the mail, so I dunno if you can join at the store. Might be able to join on the website too.

www.craftsman.com

·
Registered
201 Posts
Thanks, I will check when I am there. I called from the web site but was on hold for 15 minutes.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Sears has their lift on sale in the Raleigh Area for $89.00. Nov 14 - 16. If you sign up for the Craftsman Club (free) at the store you should get an additional %10 on top of this. Check your area for the sale.
Go to Sears.com and click on the left pane that says weekly store ads and fill out your zipcode thing and it will display the sales for your area.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts