V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have the rear turn signals off, chrome rear fender struts off (were sent out to get coated so may put them back on), and the Progressive 430's installed. The front end will be torn down today, black triple trees, black risers, polyurethane bushings installed, new fork assemblies (black lowers and Progressive HD springs installed). Pipes will be put back on with the coated black shields by Joe Knapp and The Powder Pro. Should be ready when the wheel shows up from Ride Wright.
Starting to put feelers out there about good cams to run with the 88". Want to keep the top end stock for now (well maybe, gonna change the rocker covers to the same wrinkle black as the engine this winter so the top end may change, but not planning on it yet).... cams for sure though.

·
Registered
104 Posts
nice looking bike

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!
Hoping to have the damage fixed this week and be back riding....

·
Registered
104 Posts
the wheels are some of the best looking i have seen.
in the cam area what kind of riding do you do? full throttle high rpms or not so hard? i have done a lot of reading and the andrews 26G is a good cam for someone who does not want to go to a 95in kit but wants a bump in power.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the wheels are some of the best looking i have seen.
in the cam area what kind of riding do you do? full throttle high rpms or not so hard? i have done a lot of reading and the andrews 26G is a good cam for someone who does not want to go to a 95in kit but wants a bump in power.
I ride easy, a lot of country roads with a slight mix of city riding. Yea, I just want a little bump (as you mentioned), not sure I will have the top end done, depends on the cash situation I guess.

·
Registered
104 Posts
thats cool, the top end seems to be the "thing" if you want a big power change but it sounds like the 26g cams will make you happy but dont forget that the "power" bug never dies!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts