V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a computer program that lets you put together a bike to see how it looks and allows you to make changes to wheel, sheet metal, forks.

I was wondering if any one here has the program and how well it works.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not sure I read a add in a catalog. Sounds cool as you could load a picture of saw a FXST and then try different stuff to see what the bike looks like. I think it is called virtual iron design software

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Yes it is called virtual iron. You can get one thru J&P. about 50 bucks. Sorry Ii have never used it so I dont know how it works.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I got it from one of the catalogs....can't remember which. To be honest, I wasn't that impressed with it. It seems kind of cheesy for the price....a toy more than any serious design "tool". I think I paid about 36.00

Just my .02

Tony:cool:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Well. it's ok guess. I guess I was expecting something a liitle more technical. You build the bike over backgrounds like a forest ,for example. It could be a cool way to just mess around, but as far as using it to actually design a motorcycle....well, I don't know about that. The best way to describe it, I guess, is it seems like a software program that could be put out by Lego or something. It's just not what I expected, so I was a liitle dissapointed with it.

Tony:cool:

·
Banned
5,863 Posts
Saw this demo'd at a show yesterday and yeah, it's basically a toy. But I was told by the rep that version 2 is coming in April and it will have better graphics as well as an aftermarket database of thousands of parts. I asked about the ability to stretch and alter frames and was told yes. I guess we'll see in April...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts