V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read where you were getting a new Road King and wanted to see if you've had a change of heart about your '03 Heritage. Myself, I'm still undecided , RK or Softail.

Thanks

·
Registered
659 Posts
Hi Fire,
Nope, not a change of heart - love the heritage! I had a kind of unique situation - I made the mistake of letting my better half ride it - and she's not letting it go!!
So, we traded in her bmw 650 gs at the end of this season, and I made a decsion to get a rk instead of another soft tail. A friend of mine has the rk, and I took it for a ride. I found it marginally smoother on the road, and the feel was quite similar to the softie. I'm getting the classic, so the extra I'm getting as part of the package is the cruise control (I do a lot of longer trips), bigger front brakes and the air suspension (I'm not sure what that's going to add yet, if anything).
I don't think you can go wrong with either one - the soft tail is two tone s/b and looks sharp, rides great, handles great - anything extra I get on the king will be an absolute bonus round!
Hope that helps - if you're ever up this way, give me a call.
BigG

·
Registered
366 Posts
Just out of curiousity what are you giving for the RKC? My friend just got a 03 RKC (black) for 18,400, thought that was a pretty good deal, they have used 00's and 01's on the floor for 17,600

·
Registered
659 Posts
A road king classic w/alarm is $28,249 cdn (anniversary black)
28,249.00 CAD
Canada Dollars = 17,916.41 USD
United States Dollars
1 CAD = 0.634232 USD 1 USD = 1.57671 CAD
We also have TAXES up here - add on another 15% for provincial and federal taxes.
BigG

1 - 4 of 4 Posts