V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently have an 03 fuel injected Deuce that is totally stock. I ordered Python Quick Strike pipes for it that I will put on yet this fall. Next summer sometime I planned on installing the SE air filter/breather kit. However, I realized that Arlen Ness sells a kit too. Is one better than the other. Also, with this combination should I just do the stage 1 flash or buy a Power Comander III. Thanks in advance

G

·
The #'s I've seen in the magazines say that the SE and the Ness air cleaners flow very much the same. Ness may be a tad better on the bench but not enough to see any difference on the street.

I just put the Big sucker on my Dyna (chapter 2 of the Cheap Basturd modifications, after punching holes in the stock pipes...). I'm happy with it. I suspect I'll have to change the fairly cheap-looking "Team Ness" air filter to a real K&N at some point down the road, we'll wait and see. I also replaced the football a/c cover with the Ness diecast smooth round cover, lots more room for my right knee now. Total Cheap Basturd performance modifiction costs are now at $163, including 2 jets... runs GREAT...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ditto on the question - Should he go with the stage one falsh or the PC III ??

Thanx, Joe

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
I am also researching this question and from what I have read the reflash is a $150.00 one shot deal. If it doesn't work you have to go back the the dealer (and if it didn't work the first time why do you think it will work the second time for another $150.00).

Whereas the PCIII is yours and you can tinker with it as much as want until you get it right. Every future modification to your bike can be compensated for in your own garage at no extra charge. I have seen PC maps uploaded on the PC site and other forum sites you can grab for free.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts