V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone out there heard these pipes on a 2003 fatboy?
Wondered how they sound and perform with a big sucker and a power commander.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
I have not heard them on a fat boy but I have heard them on a wide glide and a softail stand. IMHO they sound really good. Iam going to pick up a set within the next month or two.

By the way welcome.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
a freind of mine has them on his 2003 Fatboy and they sound good. he took off a set of SE slip ons and like these better. can't go wrong with V&H.

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,122 Posts
wmsanford said:
anyone out there heard these pipes on a 2003 fatboy?
Wondered how they sound and perform with a big sucker and a power commander.
I have a set in excellent condition if you are interested.
I went to a 2-1 in my 95" build to get all I could out of it.
PM me if interested.

·
Registered
204 Posts
HD-Lux....nice video!:corn: !!! bike sounds good, that is an old BTO sounds, my first concert.....thanks again for the video, I have SE II's on my Fat Boy, going to get the V & H over the winter{salute(

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
Oh yeah, right, BTO. The 70's are kinda a blur for me nowadays. Anyway, rock on! I had the SE Pro II's on my 1200C Sporty. Sounded a lot like the Cycle Shack slip-on I had on my FLSTNI. Loud, raspy, lots of snap-crackle-an-pop. The V&H's throw more bass. They roar when you get on them and can get pretty freakin' loud with the stock baffles and I love 'em. They made noticeably more power than my C/S pipes mid and top end. I bounce it off the 6200 rev limiter all the time now, never did with my slip-ons. I think it's the header pipe and crossover chamber but what do i know. I do know the V&H's had it running leaner than the C/S on the dealer Stage 1 download, so much so that I had the throw a DFO fueler on there immediately after switching up. If I had it to do over again I might go with the PCIII for more control. My mileage went in the toilet with the DFO. But I do love the V&H pipes!

·
Registered
204 Posts
HD Lux, can I ask you, my bike right now, the header pipes are blue, and I see a touch of yellow where the slip on's connect. I have the stage 1. Is this normal, and will it go leaner with the V& H's?? Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have V & H Bigshot Staggared on my '04 Heritage Classic and enjoy the sound, looks and performance. The full length heat shield helps keep a clean look, masking inevitable blueing. My baffles are out lately after an upgrade of cams and gear drive.

HD-LUX: I also added the DFO and had the same experience as you with respect to mileage. It took many tries to get things set and my mileage is back to normal with good performance throughout the range. Just wanted to encourage you to keep tweaking the settings as compromised mileage isn't necessarily a part of the DFO.

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
Throttleon said:
Just wanted to encourage you to keep tweaking the settings as compromised mileage isn't necessarily a part of the DFO.
Cool, thanks, I am still trying different settings. I have the dealer Stage 1 download too. I am running my pots at 2.5, 2.5, 3.5, 4.75 ('cause the 6200 rev limiter), where are your settings these days?

·
Registered
37 Posts
HD-LUX said:
Cool, thanks, I am still trying different settings. I have the dealer Stage 1 download too. I am running my pots at 2.5, 2.5, 3.5, 4.75 ('cause the 6200 rev limiter), where are your settings these days?

3,3,4,7 Running a bit richer due to cams and such. Having the last pot at 7 sets the default so I'm not throwing too much fuel in a low RPM. I think I could bump up a bit more on the pots but am happy with the balance of performance and mileage so leaving alone for now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts