V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried those V&H Big Shot Staggards. I'm might put some on my Duece. Has anyone bought these, if so how do you like them.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Tommy,

I am thining of getting them too. I would like to Know what is the power /torque improvement . I think that the bigshots come with a cross over system, does this make it a better performance pipe?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Sorry guys, im not of any help, but im another new guy debating on what exhaust will go on my 03 Deuce when it arrives. So, if either of you get this exhaust or another aftermarket exhaust (especially on a Deuce) I would like to know the results and see some pictures if possible. Thanks!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have definetely heard the new Big Shots on a Fat Boy and they are awsome. The power chamber makes all the difference in the world. They have that sweet burble. They didn't seem to be to load at low rpm but when you crack those damn things they holler...:D :D :D :D :D

One thing though, they will set off every alarm in a parking garage. It's not that they are to load, it's the decible level.

·
A$$HOLE!
467 Posts
Tommy said:
One thing though, they will set off every alarm in a parking garage. It's not that they are to load, it's the decible level.
I know it's immature -- but I LOVE to do this. Last week I was coming out of a diner and the yuppie parking next to me set his alarm on his Subaru wagon -- yes, an alarm on a Subaru. I waited until he got settled in the Diner and proceeded to start up and go -- got the blip warning and cracked the throttle wide. Instant alarm ...... too funny!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I put the Python Quickstrike Staggered on my 03 Duece. The are the same pipes as the Bigshots, including the hidden crossover, and are actually made by Vance and Hines. They list for 100 dollars less. The only difference is the Bigshots have an endcap. These pipes are loud. Bike runs great. I had the stage one kit, computer flash and pipes done before delivery so I can't offer a performance comparison to stock. They look great on the Duece.

·
DR EVO
1,757 Posts
ive got the bigshot longs and they sound sweet, although ive heard alot louder. wonder if taking the baffles out make em much louder? have to take the pipes completely off the take the baffles out though so i aint gonna frog around.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just finished putting Big Shot staggereds on my FatBoy last night. Took about 2 hours. They look and sound great, I'm running mine with the baffles in currently.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
sfultz said:
03 Duece with Python QuicKstrikes
Sweet looking Bike!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do these pipes come with all necessary hardware to mount them? Does the Duece require any special modifications?

·
Registered
55 Posts
All hardware included, no mods necessary. If you've installed the Deuce or Fatboy frame trim kit there's a cutout for the shotgun exhaust that's now exposed - buy the trim kit for a Softail Standard.

·
Registered
458 Posts
sfultz and z28 -

are you happy with your pipes? How loud are they and what happened with the bikes performance after you put them on? I have an '03 Deuce coming and was thinking about SEII pipes with a Stage I, but now I am leaning towards off-brand pipes (V&H, Samson, etc.) Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Big Shots

I recently had the big shot longs put on my 03 Fatboy along with high volume air breather and re mapping of the chip (mine FB is Fuel Injected). I had put about 1000 miles on with the stock pipes before puttin the Vance Hines Big shots on I feel some seat of the pants performance improvement. Or mabey its just all the extra noise that makes it seem so. They are loud have a nice deep rumble. But they may be too loud for me on highway cruising. Took a 100 mile trip the other day. Put cotton in my ears (lost my ear plugs) and wore a 3/4 helment that covered my ears. After about 2 hour trip felt like my brain was numb form the constant roar. But it might not take much for my tired old brain!! I am thinking about puting the stock exhaust back on. Hate to do it but much more enjoyable for "ME" on longer trips.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Does anyone know where the cheapest place to get the Python version of these pipes is? I see direct parts has them for $323. Anywhere thats cheaper?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Stock to aftermarket exhaust ?

I have a 2003 Fatboy ordered, and I want to replace the stock exhaust myself. My questions is, seeing that the bike is brand new, is it recomended that a ceretain amount of miles be put on the bike before the exhaust is changed, or does it matter?

·
Registered
56 Posts
zappmann said:
Just finished putting Big Shot staggereds on my FatBoy last night. Took about 2 hours. They look and sound great, I'm running mine with the baffles in currently.
Any chance you can post a picture?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts