V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
OldBoldPilot
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just changed out the Big Shot Longs with quiet baffles for a D&D Fatcat with quiet baffle. My bike is an '06 Heritage Softail Classic with a stock engine, other than the Stage 1, K&N air filter and a PCIII USB.

I won't know the real numbers until Saturday, when I've scheduled a dyno (I will publish the dyno results when I have them), but after 200 miles I can say that the butt dyno tells me I'm riding a different bike. I've never felt this level of acceleration on this bike, both from a standing start and with a 5th gear roll-on at 70 mph.

The V&H dynoed out at 71.1 hp and 74.3 ft-lbs torque. It will be interesting to compare the two. I'm guessing as much as a 10% increase, but what do I know. It'll also be interesting to see where the power comes in.

As to sound: the V&H with quiet baffles are NOT quiet. They sound a little louder than the Rush pipes with the 2" baffle I used to have. The Fatcat IS quiet, yet with a very nice rumble at idle and a distinctive roar at WOT.

As to looks, that's very individual, so you'll have to judge for yourselves. My take is that the BSLs look smoother and more nostalgic, while the Fatcat looks very aggressive.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Both look great, but I guarantee the 2-1 will feel better, it is hard to see your pipes when you are riding anyway.

·
"What's this do?"
229 Posts
I look, forward to seeing your new dyno numbers, Philip. I have Big Shots Long on my Heritage. I have ordered a Fat Cat with quiet baffles for my Road Glide. Though I like the look and sound of the Big Shots on the Heritage, I want something more practical on the RG.

·
OldBoldPilot
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ibilintuc said:
I look, forward to seeing your new dyno numbers, Philip. I have Big Shots Long on my Heritage. I have ordered a Fat Cat with quiet baffles for my Road Glide. Though I like the look and sound of the Big Shots on the Heritage, I want something more practical on the RG.
I'll post the dyno results either Saturday afternoon or Sunday.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I too am interested in the Dyno results. I just purchased a low mileage 07 Superglide It had V&H Big Radius, no idea if a re flash or not.

On the Dyno it is 70HO, 82 torque.

I also plan to get the D&D Fat Cat w/ quiet baffles

(The Big Radius look cool, but they are LOUD)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts