V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Run Silent Run Deep...
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone gotten the new V&H Big Shot Duals for baggers? If so how is the look and sound? these have only been out since last month, and I have not seen any up close. These are NOT the True Duals, but the entire exhaust system.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Good Luck with this one......

I posted same question a few weeks ago, no response.

I have an 06 Ultra on order and I've decided on these pipes, ness intake and the fuel pack.

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Wide1 said:
I posted same question a few weeks ago, no response.

I have an 06 Ultra on order and I've decided on these pipes, ness intake and the fuel pack.
Wide:

I'm also considering the BSD's on my Stage II/95" RK. My Son has an '04 Injected Deuce, Stage II with SE Heads, Big Sucker, and BSS pipes with Thunder Monster baffles, and this bike absolutely hauls ass from idle to limiter.

Of course, the BSS have the headers connected just before the mufflers, and I don't know if this allows the reversion to work it's magic; but I'm guessing with a good tune the BS Duals "should" work given the success of the BS series.

Hopefully others will chime in!

:cheers:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Thanks

Just got word my bike is due to be built a week earlier than planned. I should have it in 2 weeks, cant wait!

THANKS FOR THE INFO.

Where in WV? I'm up in the eastern panhandle.

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Wide1 said:
Just got word my bike is due to be built a week earlier than planned. I should have it in 2 weeks, cant wait!

THANKS FOR THE INFO.

Where in WV? I'm up in the eastern panhandle.
Wide:

Congrats on the new Ultra!:cheers:

Would recommend you research the fuelpak a little more if it's the V&H unit you refer to. Haven't heard any good reports yet......they make good pipes but hear their support for the FuelPak sux!

Many here recommend a good fuel adder........just do a search for DFO, etc.

I'm down in Southwestern end of the State right next to the Kentucky border. If your ever down this way, let me know.

Goo luck with the new ride!

:)

·
Run Silent Run Deep...
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Word up sho nuf!

·
RAMOD
458 Posts
So anyone out there got the V&H Big Shot duals now?

Love the BS Stag on my Fatboy, but this is a diffrent set-up (no cross-chamber).

Can't find anyone out here with them either....

Allen

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm new to the forum. I just installed V&H Big Shot Duals on my Road King Classic. The look and sound is what I was looking for. Louder than Rineharts with a little more pop without being harsh. I'm extremely happy with them and bought them for $515.00. I do have a SE Race Tuner and Big Bore 95 with SE 203. Did have a custom map done for the SE Tuner and had dyno. Lost 2 hp and Tq was slightly lower over Big Shots with powerchamber. I can't feel the difference from riding. They baffle is removeable and you can purchase a quiet baffle also. Two end caps to choose from. Fish and slash. I've had various pipes over the years and made mistakes. Purchasing the big shot duals was not a mistake. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
175 Posts
dewster said:
I'm new to the forum. I just installed V&H Big Shot Duals on my Road King Classic. The look and sound is what I was looking for. Louder than Rineharts with a little more pop without being harsh. I'm extremely happy with them and bought them for $515.00. I do have a SE Race Tuner and Big Bore 95 with SE 203. Did have a custom map done for the SE Tuner and had dyno. Lost 2 hp and Tq was slightly lower over Big Shots with powerchamber. I can't feel the difference from riding. They baffle is removeable and you can purchase a quiet baffle also. Two end caps to choose from. Fish and slash. I've had various pipes over the years and made mistakes. Purchasing the big shot duals was not a mistake. I hope this helps.
Thanks for the info, this is what I was looking for..

One more question: are the pipes one piece or are the mufflers seperate from the head pipes.
Thanks again...enjoy

·
Registered
3 Posts
The exhaust is one piece per pipe. The pipe consist of a baffle and that's it. It is one continuous pipe with a shield. You can remove the baffle or put a quiet baffle on it. I love the sound of it. The brackets provided for it are well made. The neighbors are complaining already after three days. To hell with them, they can move. I won't be changing them.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
v&h dual bigshots

Installed these on an electra glide standard and am really enthused by the looks, one piece smooth look, no big bubble at the end. Louder than SEs, just careful riding through the neighborhood. Will probably put in quiet baffles later when weather gets better. Did not notice (seat of the pants) difference in performance. Adding Fuel Pack this week, probably take out the deccleration pop. I would do it again.{salute(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts