V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any pics of installed V&H Big Radius pipes?

Likes? Dislikes?

Thanks!!!!

·
Sub Par Member
769 Posts
Bike doesn't look quite like this anymore, and I no longer have the Big Radius pipes on it. But here's a couple from when I did. I liked them, and I liked them even better after putting Thunder Monster baffles in 'em. Got hard to tune though, once I went beyond a Harley stage II 95".

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
Snaps, where did you get those bags? What you think of them? Got a front or read shot of the bike?

·
Sub Par Member
769 Posts
petrock said:
Snaps, where did you get those bags? What you think of them? Got a front or read shot of the bike?
They're straight out of the Harley catalog. I don't remember what they're called, but I can probably track down the part # if you need it. I like them. They have a hard plastic shell with the leather outer. The only problem is they're hard mounted to the bike and a pain to remove if you need to do any rear wheel work. I can just fit a half helmet into one if needed, along with a rollup toolkit at the bottom. They fit just right on my Wide Glide, with a dished cutout for the rear tail lights. I also needed to relocate the rear turn signals with a kit for about $35.00.

Here are a couple more pics.

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Hey gmly, what headlight do you have on your bike? Do you have a pic of the front end?
Nicky

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
JMO,
The Thundermonsters may sound great on a stock cammed engine, but they hurt the sound quality on a cammed up build which is a louder tone compared to a stock engine..
The stock V&H baffles sound much better on my 204 equipped engine than the T-monsters. The stockers deliver a smoother, more refined sound and have that phenomonal HD sound under acceleration.
The T-monsters were more raspy, tinny and were over the top loud. They were a tad lower in pitch, but not a better sound, that is unless you suffer from non reversible hearing loss.

·
'04 FXSTDI
906 Posts
I've had the BR pipes on my Deuce for a year now. No regrets.
They did scrape when I had the bike lowered 2.5 inches.

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
i agree with the bigger cams and taking the tmosters out to tinny and raspy
sounds like crap under acceleration... dident even sound like a harley... actually i was at a stop light and a guy said is that a harley or a honda with straight pipes... put the sock baffles back in and there ya go sounded great
t mosters are only good soundin in a stock cam bike

·
Sub Par Member
769 Posts
I felt just the opposite of you guys about the Thunder Monsters. I had a 10.5:1, Wood TW6GH cam, 95" and to me it sounded much better with the TM's than the stock BR baffles. I thought the stockers had an annoying huffing, blatty type sound where the TM's gave a much deeper, throatier sound. They did border on being too loud, though.

I guess that's one reason there are so many choices. What's good for one isn't necessarily good for all.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Snaps said:
I felt just the opposite of you guys about the Thunder Monsters. I had a 10.5:1, Wood TW6GH cam, 95" and to me it sounded much better with the TM's than the stock BR baffles. I thought the stockers had an annoying huffing, blatty type sound where the TM's gave a much deeper, throatier sound. They did border on being too loud, though.

I guess that's one reason there are so many choices. What's good for one isn't necessarily good for all.
I think it has a lot to do with which cam timing you're running.
The Woods TW6GH is very simular to the SE 203. A low end grind that is less aggressive.
The 204 that I'm running is almost exactly the same as an Andrews 37b with a 4 degree advance, and made for mid to upper power. It has a very early exhaust valve close timing and early opening which makes it a lot louder.

I have to agree with Midnight Sporty, the T-Monsters made my bike sound like a Yamaha with bad pipes.
Might be just as simple as that. I know there are a lot of guys who love em'''

I just came back in from a ride and I was thinking how perfect my bike sounds with those BR pipes...

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
i was at a local biker hang out bar the dianasour bbq and everyone was pulling up on the bikes,,, i saw 2 bikes with vance and hines and the rest with
samsons the big gun series... i cant belive im sayin this but i think samson
sounds waaaaayyyy better than vance and hines.. thay have a more bang
sound to them (more harley sound) the BSS just dont cut it for me even
with the baffles out still doesent sound likea samson i will be buying bg3s
soon... i guy had big cannons 2 on his bike with 204's and it sounded a
lot more harley and deep bang to it... than mine with bss...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts