V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the market for a new exhaust this year and as I am in Florida in October seems an ideal time to pick one up.

I like the short shots but have recently been smitten with the Big Radius, seen both the V+h and Arlen Ness versions.

Any opinions?

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
havent hurd the arlen ness version but the big radius are very nice and sound is great, lots of guys on here have them and there nice thay put the thunder monster baffles in them and its perfect anyone will agree with that on here
i have them in my big shot staggards on my night train nice sound...

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
V&H are a higher quality product. Easier to install. If there is a problem installing them (which is very unlikely), V&H has better tech support.-2$en#e-

·
Registered
673 Posts
I have the V&H. Replaced HD 16 Guage DB with them. I like them a lot. They sound good but not loud enough to wake up the neighborhood.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Love my Big Radius. I have gotten a lot of compliments on the look and the sound.

Thorns

·
Registered
108 Posts
Ditto what Thorns said. They are new enough on the market that not everyone has them and they give a nice unique off the shelf custom look.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Check out Ebay. Eastern Performance has the Big Radius on E-bay, "buy it now" price is $474.00., and if you check their website anything over $250.00, shipping is free.

Thorns

·
Registered
108 Posts
I got mine from Eastern Performance last year and they are not blems. I have bought from them on several occasions and have not had any problems.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
As it is stated in Ebay - "BRAND NEW! FIRST QUALITY!" I have bought them and they are not blems.

Thorns

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
monkeybrain uk said:
In the market for a new exhaust this year and as I am in Florida in October seems an ideal time to pick one up.

I like the short shots but have recently been smitten with the Big Radius, seen both the V+h and Arlen Ness versions.

Any opinions?

Both seem to be strong on show with less emphasis on go. You may want to check out Hooker's Troublemaker pipes before pulling the trigger on the V&H or Ness pipes. Hooker is posting a dyno sheet on a stock (stage 1) TC motor that looks impressive running these pipes.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
I've gone back and forth on both pipes, and settled on the BR. I ordered and had a set of Troublemakers in my hands, and didn't like the construction.
Back they went.
The heat shield is merged with the last third of the pipe, making that portion a single wall pipe that can yellow or blue.
I didn't see any real difference except the pipe diameter at the exhaust port being 1/8" smaller. They (hookers) are also shorter, which can't help either.

·
Addicted to American Iron
460 Posts
I just took off my set of Big Radius pipes. V&H makes a nice product but these pipes were such a performance killer for my bike that I went 2-1 HardKrome Sideburners..... Sweet pipes. I guess another set on the wall, couple more sets and I could call my garage a salvage yard for HD.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts