V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo!

Just got my RK back. With a JIMS 120' motor.

Oh baby! My bike sounds like a freight train

The ride home was colder than a witches t!t (34 F).

Throttle response is instantaneous.

I can hardly wait until I get to 500 miles and get to twist the wick.

I'll keep you posted.

wyo

·
natural-born world-shaker
2,978 Posts
*TIBS* You can't be serious. No pics?

Congrats - you'll be grinning slap through the holidays.

·
Registered
755 Posts
wyodude said:
Yo!

I can hardly wait until I get to 500 miles and get to twist the wick.

I'll keep you posted.

wyo
Man I am soooooo curious about that motor. It'll be good to hear your impressions.

Glad you're back in the saddle dude. ~!Awesome!

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thedog said:
*TIBS* You can't be serious. No pics?
As soon as my sh!t thaws out, I'll snap some pics. :D

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fire4Effect said:
Man I am soooooo curious about that motor. It'll be good to hear your impressions.

Glad you're back in the saddle dude. ~!Awesome!
I'll be happy to answer any questions that I can.

Other than how much the whole shebang cost me (my OL will fookin' kill me if she finds out). We're talkin'$$$$$:yes: :yes: :yes:

·
Delinquent
1,780 Posts
SHEEIT MAN,

I'd be taking a vacation to some place warm for awhile.~!Awesome!

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
You gonna put it on Skip's dyno after that 500 miles? That'll be an even colder ride. Shout if you head out that way. Anyway, I'll like to place my order for both pics AND some video of how it sounds. Just idling in the new garage will be fine. And when's the Red Line going in? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
wyodude said:
I'll be happy to answer any questions that I can.

Other than how much the whole shebang cost me (my OL will fookin' kill me if she finds out). We're talkin'$$$$$:yes: :yes: :yes:
TOO funny! :roflback:

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HD-LUX said:
You gonna put it on Skip's dyno after that 500 miles? That'll be an even colder ride. Shout if you head out that way. Anyway, I'll like to place my order for both pics AND some video of how it sounds. Just idling in the new garage will be fine. And when's the Red Line going in? Thanks.

Hi Chris,

I would like to have it dynoed, just to see if I'm getting that advertized numbers (120HP/125TQ). If it'll warm up a bit on Sunday, I'd be up for a ride, then you can check it out for yourself.

JIMS recommends changing the oil at 50, 500 and 1000 miles. Redline is on deck for the 1000 mile oil change. MTL and Heavy ShockProof are in place now.

regards,

wyo

·
Sub Par Member
769 Posts
wyodude, congrats on the new motor.

Be a little careful during break-in. Mine ran pretty hot for the first 1,000 miles, sometimes over 300 F. It was a little scary watching that oil temp gauge. It's cooled down now that I have a couple thousand miles on it, but still runs hotter than your average 95" (about 250F on an 85 degree day here in S. Florida).

I would usually stop for 15-20 minutes every 50 miles or so to let it cool a bit.

You're gonna love it once you get to crack the throttle. I had mine at the local dealership during a Dyno shootout and they stuck it on afterward just for a baseline. My tq and hp curves were very close to what Jim's advertises. They started the run around 3000 rpm, and there's no AFR, but you can get an idea. This is a "stock", out of the box motor with a 51mm throttle body and stock injectors.

I still haven't gotten mine tuned yet. I've been running a SERT map from HDMaps.

Have fun!

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Snaps said:
wyodude, congrats on the new motor.

Be a little careful during break-in. Mine ran pretty hot for the first 1,000 miles, sometimes over 300 F. It was a little scary watching that oil temp gauge. It's cooled down now that I have a couple thousand miles on it, but still runs hotter than your average 95" (about 250F on an 85 degree day here in S. Florida).

I would usually stop for 15-20 minutes every 50 miles or so to let it cool a bit.

You're gonna love it once you get to crack the throttle. I had mine at the local dealership during a Dyno shootout and they stuck it on afterward just for a baseline. My tq and hp curves were very close to what Jim's advertises. They started the run around 3000 rpm, and there's no AFR, but you can get an idea. This is a "stock", out of the box motor with a 51mm throttle body and stock injectors.

I still haven't gotten mine tuned yet. I've been running a SERT map from HDMaps.

Have fun!
Hey Snaps!

Thanks for the advice, I'll take it! :)

I'm using the Thundermax ECM that Zipper's sells as part of their intake/induction system (54 mm TB) for big inch motors.

We're moving today, so I gotta sign off.

I'll post more details this evening.

regards,

wyo

·
natural-born world-shaker
2,978 Posts
I can hear it now - six weeks ago, "Honey, we don't need this big old house. There's too much for you to clean, the maintenance costs are higher every year, you want to get closer to your Mom, and the market's right. Let's sell it and use most of the equity on a smaller, nicer home, something closer. That's right, honey, come to Poppa." :brows:

·
Yet another 43 Double D
626 Posts
Congrats

Hey Wyo,

Know exactly how you feel since I'm almost through the first 500 on my stoker.

Congrats and looking forward to seeing it when the weather warms up a bit!

~!Awesome!

·
Sub Par Member
769 Posts
wyodude said:
I'm using the Thundermax ECM that Zipper's sells as part of their intake/induction system (54 mm TB) for big inch motors.
wyo, let me know how that Thundermax works.

I thought about going with that setup too, but I already had a HP Inc. 51mm tb so I opted to just go with that and the SERT.

John at Zipper's was good about answering my questions on the Thundermax. He said they had a map for the Jim's motor and the Boarzilla 2 into 1 exhaust. Is that the exhaust you're using? My ProPipe with a slightly modified baffle seems to be doing the job, but I'm always willing to break something that's not broke.

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
wyodude said:
... If it'll warm up a bit on Sunday, I'd be up for a ride, then you can check it out for yourself.
Ah, yer bummin' me out now, I was thinking you wouldn't be ready to head out there for a couple of weeks. I am going wheels-up for London Sunday (tomorrow) for the week until Saturday evening. I'll keep an eye on the thread though.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
wyodude said:
Hi Chris,

I would like to have it dynoed, just to see if I'm getting that advertized numbers (120HP/125TQ). If it'll warm up a bit on Sunday, I'd be up for a ride, then you can check it out for yourself.

JIMS recommends changing the oil at 50, 500 and 1000 miles. Redline is on deck for the 1000 mile oil change. MTL and Heavy ShockProof are in place now.

regards,

wyo
Lemmie know...I'll try to join ya if I can...

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Snaps said:
wyo, let me know how that Thundermax works.
Will do.

Snaps said:
John at Zipper's was good about answering my questions on the Thundermax. He said they had a map for the Jim's motor and the Boarzilla 2 into 1 exhaust. Is that the exhaust you're using?
No, I'm using Rinehart true Duals. When I ordered the intake/induction kit/ecm from Zipper's, there were maps available for two exhaust options (1) Boarzillas and (2) Rineharts.

It's been cold and we've been moving so I haven't got much saddle time since Friday. I've got 170 miles on the motor now. The motor is very strong, can't wait to whack it. :D

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Congrats on getting your bike back Wyo. Have fun with it, sounds like that engine will pull your arms out of the sockets!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts