V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Only when hot , Only hot engine when i push the start i hear a big noise comming from the clutch shell , after this i push again and starts fine,
could be too advanced or too retarded?
thanks in advance
choppers

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
choppers said:
Hi
Only when hot , Only hot engine when i push the start i hear a big noise comming from the clutch shell , after this i push again and starts fine,
could be too advanced or too retarded?
thanks in advance
choppers
I presume this is your 92 FXR.

As the bike starts when cold and starts ok on the second attempt, it doesn't seem like engine timing would be the problem.

Describe the noise. Chatter, clunk, .....?

Does a hot start ALWAYS make the noise?

How long have you owned the bike? How many miles on the bike? How long have you had the problem? Has the problem been getting progressively worse?

How old is your battery? What is the battery state of charge? Are all your battery connections tight and free of corrosion? Do you have a good connection, free of corrosion on the battery ground strap (connection to the frame)?

Sorry, not much help.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It seems a kickback....

yep a kickback, after this a big noise with the teeths of the clutch shell
and the pinion starter gear , you fell in your soul!!!!!
afterpush by the second time , its OK
it seems the position the engine stops, so i oppened the primaycover butthe ring gear is fine.
could be timmig?
im runnin with a dyna single fire,with automatic advance, heavyduty springs.
the cam is the w6 and he carb its a mikuni, the bike has 20000 miles on it
thanks
choppers

·
Ridin' & Glidin'
2,116 Posts
I would check the tightness of the starter mounting bolts.
Sounds like maybe the starter drive is not meshing the first time and then aligns itself for the second attempt.

I have no idea if this is the correct translation.:huh:

Verificaría la estrechez del principio que monta cerrojos. Los sonidos como quizá el principio maneja no engrana la primera vez y entonces se alinea para la segunda tentativa.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts