V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its seems rather accepted that efi bikes are limited as to potential HP in the aftermarket arena. Why is this when in motorsports efi is the only way to go, for 10+ years.

Jimmyk indicated in one prior post that the size of available injectors was limited. Is this the "only" reason? Is it lack of familiarity? Or ??

Secondly, what is the percieved limitation, is it engine size , fuel flow/horsepower, or ??

Greg

· Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sidewalk, I have a Power Commander (brand new, got it because I'm computer illiterate, the HD dealer is close and thats what they said They understood). Isn't this very conceptually similar to the EFI Tuner?

I am curious to hear from Hippo, since I'm pretty sure he feels the efi is limited in the high HP arena (Hippo, not trying to put words in your mouth). Also JimmyK ans others. Iwould like to explore getting my engine up to something in the 100-110+ torgue and HP, but using efi and keeping Very reliable and ridable. I want something I can leave on a 1-2k trip w/ nomore concern than a stock 88.

· Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hippo, don't think I understood. 1) Does efi need a straight shot into the intake valve and can't get it due to the physical layout? If correct, do carbs not need this which is why you say primitive design is better?

2) you say 100hp very difficult....... I understand the reference to racing, but not the specifics. Is 100+ HP difficult with carbs as well, i.e. 100 HP baggers are a pain in the ass, period? Or, does getting that much with efi create the problem?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.