V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
471 Posts
The fuel injectors have to be capable to deliver enough fuel for the HP. I do not know what the stock injectors are capable of, and I do not know what is available in the aftermarket. However, injector bungs are a kinda universal fit, so other vehicles may fit. The problem is the wiring, and the amount of resistance the computer is designed to handle. Those are simple issues to get around.

The next issue, which os fairly easy to get by is mapping. Mapping can best be compared to jetting for your carburator. The mapping sets up how much fuel your engine needs. If you make changes to the engine, you would need to change the jets because the engine would run lean. The same is true for EFI. The stock HD computer is esay to remap with dyno tuning. There are also aftermarket EFi systems that can be tuned with anything from a few knobs on the ECM, to a lap top computer.

Best options are to convert to a carb if you are not up to the money and time to tune the EFI, and just settle with the complications of a carb (though only minor). Or, go ahead and modify the EFI. For me, I would rather modify the EFI, that is my plans for my truck, and eventually my bike (both I plan to run an aftermarket ECM). I plan to add EFI to my VW, the ECM is on the way.

· Registered
471 Posts
The EFI is not the limit, it is the tuning (dealer or yourself) ability, and the injectors. As for HP, my EFI Buell is stock 101 HP at the flywheel, so those injectors are capable. They may (I do not know) work for you.

From what I can tell, Hippo is the HD engine person in the know. His suggestions will over-ride mine.

I do not know too much about the PC, I do not trust them myself, but that is just me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.