V-Twin Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,401 Posts
I dislike the lo-pro big wheel look so much I replaced the 19" stocker on my '15 Road Glide with a 17" from a Road King. It rides much better with a little more sidewall and to me LOOKS way better. It is the same tire as the CVO RG.
I did the same thing with my TRX. Took the TRX wheel off and replaced it with the smaller wheel off the police bikes. Same wheel, just smaller.

It made a world off difference. It rides better and turns with less effort.

·
Registered
9,250 Posts
Not my style but I've seen some that looked great and were part of builds that were extremely well-done. Whatever the style, I enjoy seeing the top-quality work and creativity some folks put into their machines.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any body else think the going trend with these huge front wheels guys are putting on baggers is super ugly???
IMHO they look ridiculous I don't know if there's a technical benefit at all from what I've seen the low speed handling is seriously compromised the riders seem to be struggling to keep in a straight line at lower speeds & manoeuvring into parking slots a difficult unbalanced operation.

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
It's been 4 yrs. I think it's been put to rest.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
I dont care for the look or driveabilkty,,, other than the obvious issues with sta ility and load carrying ability. I realize this mod is more show than go..

I wonder,, (based on where I live there are potholes and other obstacles everywhere,,, curves,, up and down hills etc,,, I believe the narrow sidewalk will result in many wheels being damaged beyond use,, as the sidewall absorbs a good deal of the inpact.. leading to costing a considerable replacement expenditure.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts