V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My favorite bike to date is my 2005 Big Dog Chopper. I have owned and operated Honda's, Yamaha, Kawasaki's and Harleys (Sporty, Road King and currently have a 2014 Ultra Classic), but by far my Big Dog is the most fun to ride.

I have just shy of 65K miles on it and all I have replaced are tires, brake pads, one headlight bulb, fluids and one clutch cable (that let go at around 60K miles).

I have ridden cross country on it several times, to Rolling Thunder in DC, Laconia, Sturgis and more. The bike has never broken down or left me stranded, whether in sunshine, torrential rain, sleet or snow!

My princess bride got tired or riding passenger on it though and wanted more comfort, so it that is why I now have the Electra Glide Ultra. For daily use and local trips we take the chopper, but for long distance stuff, if my missus is along, we go with the bagger.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Love Big Dog. My 2003 was my daily ride for 6 years until I picked up a 1988 Harley FXLR to take some miles off my Big Dog. 3 years ago I had a Thunderheart wired in to replace the BigDog ECH module after it died. Best thing I ever did. My wife was not a fan of the pad on the back of the chopper either. But since she got Vertigo, she cant ride anymore.

My 1988 FXLR

·
Registered
8,360 Posts
bigdogs were made in witchata kansas,,, (sp),,
been there several times,, since I owned a shop that was contracted by, and factory approved to work on them warranty and all...

·
Registered
502 Posts
bigdogs were made in witchata kansas,,, (sp),,
been there several times,, since I owned a shop that was contracted by, and factory approved to work on them warranty and all...
TY for the update... One of the other riders was interested in getting one at that time...

·
Premium Member
4,690 Posts
I was always partial to the Big Dog of all the customs from that era. I keep my eye open locally for one to buy. Someone has a garage queen just waiting for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts