V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Big clunk

maybe i should say this is my first bike, and that what i'm hearing maybe norm------it maybe that the gear train is stil spinnin from neutral-- BUT--it sounds sorta loud to me...........hey-----i admitt i'm a little paranoid , but feel it's better to ask.............newbie/green........Hutch

·
Registered
12 Posts
Since it's a new bike and obviously you haven't had it long, take it to the dealer!

They must know you are new, but beyond that, you paid a pretty penny for that scooter. It's under warranty & if you think something's not right, make them check it out.

Ride safe ...:cool:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks downtownD

took the puppy in today------i was describing it to the mechanic and before i could finish my words, he says ,"and you hear like a clunk", and i say ,"yeah"------------so i guess its the normal sound for it-------just passed my 500 mi. breakin today------wow what a beast-----she just wants to lunge-------thanks for the comeback-------Hutch

·
Registered
9 Posts
Big clunk

Hutch,

As I ride my V, I am comparing much of the experience with my Road King. The V's clunk is very similar to the tranny clunk on my evo (R.K.). The V's tranny is also very similar in feel to the new ones with the 88B twin cams. I rented a Deuce a while back and it is almost identical to the V.

For what it's worth..........CJ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts