V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running these baffles and can attest to the performance gains they stated on their site. I am particularly interested in knowing if anyone put them in a set of Vance and Hines Big Shots Staggerred and have before / after performance results.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
croctail2002 said:
sound wise they are awesome alot deeper,seat of pants felt very soft 2000- 3500 rpm,
You mean no noticeable gain in performance or not sure? I assume since you stated deeper tone it quieted down the exhaust?

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
performance in that rev range was definately worse, at idle and cruise the decible rating would be about the same im guessing but the tone was deeper which sounds better to "me"

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
croctail2002 said:
performance in that rev range was definately worse, at idle and cruise the decible rating would be about the same im guessing but the tone was deeper which sounds better to "me"
So the product worsened your performance instead of helped? That is strange.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I have never had my bike dynoed, but I switched from stock exhaust to Vance and Hines Big Shot staggered duals on my carbed 02 fatboy. I pulled out the stock baffles and put the Thunder Monsters in before I had the pipes put on the bike. With the stock pipes (drilled out by dealer) I was running the SE air cleaner stage 1 setup. After the V&H pipes were put on, I definitely noticed more power across the band. Bike pulls well throughout the RPM range without any noticeable dips in power.

I don't have any experience with the stock V&H baffles, as I have never used them, but with the Thunder Monsters my bike IS loud. I know the trend is now going toward quieter bikes but I am happy with mine. Deep powerful sound. Much louder than my buddy's FLSTF with Thunderheader exhaust.

I have gotten a lot of compliments on it and have had several people ask what pipes I am running. Sorry I don't have any dyno sheets (engine and carb are stock) to compare before and after, but it sure doesn't seem to me like the monsters would hurt performance any.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
I put them in my V&H Longshots. They sounded great but I lost all my low end performance and put my standard baffles back in. Much better without them IMO.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
I'll have some comparitive numbers, but it won't be for another month or so.

The dealer wants me to break in my bike with the Big Radius with the standard V-H baffles.
When I bring it in for the 1,000 mile checkup, it'll hit the dyno, and they will do a second run with the BCT baffles.
The bike is finally going to be delivered this week, and the weather looks good for the weekend.

·
Sub Par Member
769 Posts
I used them when I had my 95" motor and V&H Big Radius pipes. They worked for me. Greatly improved sound quality with a much deeper tone. They were actually quite a bit louder also.

I also DID see an improvement in hp and tq over the stock V&H baffles, but this didn't come without a price, either. I had no improvement until I got the bike remapped on the Dyno. The baffles definitely change the configuration of the pipes enough that you would probably need to remap or rejet. Without that, you're probably going to be hurting your performance. I expected this as that's just what Big City Thunder told me when I called to ask about the baffles.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
I have them on my Lowrider with Big Radius pipes. With re-jetted carb, they run strong with a nice deep tone. Quite an increase in mid-range torque. I'm really impressed with them.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
I have a set in my stock headpipes on my EG and my bike dynoed 78hp and 85 tq, not to bad, also a freind has them in his BigShot staggered pipes, loud as heck but runs strong, 79 hp and 80 tq.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
I have them in my 95" FXST. Put them inside the header pipes where my cycle shack slip ons attach. Left the cycle shack baffles in. The sound improvement is great. Much louder but not obnoxious. Just makes the bike sound like it has more power. As far as performance I did notice a seat of pants improvement. Dont have dyno to prove it. But the bike feels like its faster. I am going to pull out the cycle shack baffles and see if I lose any performance and check out the sound once the snow breaks up here. To me for $80 they are worth it. Easy cheap mod and sound is great. I always wanted to improve the sound without losing performance. Now I dont need to buy a new set of pipes. These made the sound just the way I want it. Deep, loud, and strong.

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
put them in my vance and hines bss and love them did not do anything for low end did not lose any tq but the pull thru midrange is nice pulls a little stronger.. git them youll love them.. the sound is amazing also

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.