V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I'm Paid Up...
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of building one of these...TO SELL. I think I may be able to pocket $5000 or so if I do the paint as well. Whats the feeling of the quality of this brand, and the desireability of having a "stock" custom bike. Any other thoughts welcome. I'd surely have fun doing the project, and the money won't hurt a bit. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
I've read some good reviews on their products. You might check out their resale history from NADA and Kelly Blue Book to get an idea what you could get for one.

·
I'm Paid Up...
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Grayrider.. used values are not listed for this manufacturer due to limited transactions. Both NADA and Blue Book have no values listed.

·
Registered
335 Posts
fpr quality and build issues check www.clubchopper.com go to forum labeld builders log and they have a whole section on BBC. as for profit?? it is possible but i don't think you would get a "quick" sell. just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
I have friends that have built several of their kits (venom prostreet, venom chopper and a merc rigid). Nice products.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
I have helped a friend build the reapor kit. While The kit was excellent and very easy to assembleand customize. We built it over a couple weeks, and he rode it for a season and wanted to sell it. He had A LOT of lookers but the people for the most parts couldn't afford it because the financing was difficult. I think you can get a bank loan for them but with the american ironhorse dealership a few miles away they all wanted to buy new with warranty. You can also look in to the kits from cci as they are less $$$$ but there style needs a little work....not trying to discourage you as i always think of doing the same thing....

·
Banned
20 Posts
Something else to remember is their kits are somewhat limited in available options so it's tough to get something unique. They have also started offering dealerships to shops so now they'll be sold on every corner. Maybe look into doing an affordable custom designed kit like we offer. The market isn't flooded and we custom design al of our own kits to the customer's specs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts