V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Addicted to American Iron
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got to ride my new Ultra 95 BB build today, 43F today.......wow should sum it pretty well. Started out starting it few times and shutting it down. Then around town for 1/2 hour and back home. Let it cool then out on old 40 W to Salina (58 miles) doing 55mph....just purred. Stopped drank a cup of coffee and checked for leaks then rode around Salina for an hour (20 miles or so) then climbed out on to I-70 heading east coming home pushed it up to 70mph then on up to 90mph. Got off 10 miles or so from home and then got back on I-70 and just hammered it on the on ramp and I was gone. Glad I had my backrest on because it really rocked me back. Motor just smooth with loads of power.

2002 EFI Ultra
HD 1550 performance download map
Big Al ported heads with oversize valves decked (CR 9.5:1)
SE 95 flat top pistons
Wild Pigs Slip on exhaust
K&N Filter
Baileys Spring
SE quick install pushrods
Big AL custom grind cams based off of HQ 0039 with less lift and slight modifications to their specs.
in 242 ex 252
lift 550 (338 lobe)
PCIII (not installed yet)

~!Awesome!What I liked the best is when you twist the wick the whole ass end just bites down and your gone. Getting it Dyno'd tuned next week with the PCIII. ~!Awesome!

·
Seasoned Prime Member
446 Posts
I just got off the phone w/ Al, he's boring and honing my cylinders for a set of CP pistons. What a pleasure to talk to. Talked to him numerous times until we worked out a set-up that I was happy with. If I hadn't all ready bought my Head Quarters stuff I would have used his stuff. I'm gonna have him do all the machining on a 120" build I'm doing later this year. Glad to see you're happy with what he did for you. Al's a hell of a guy and a pleasure to talk toand work with!! :thumbsup:
:chopper:

·
Seasoned Prime Member
446 Posts
SEDELUXE05 said:
thats one fine looking avatar rk?prty:

dave im glad to hear you like the build just wait till its gets warmer youll be hammering it all the time
I got more!! New one each week......less I get yelled at!!:xhere:

·
Addicted to American Iron
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1/2 way through my 2nd tank of gas already and I am off work again tomorrow.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Big Al is awesome I have had his heads and jugs and Mahle pistons I have put about 20K on a 10.5-1 build with a Wood TW6hg and have had no problems yet ...Unless you count breaking my clutch loose in second and third gear getting on the Interstate.....HEE! HEE!

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Hey there RoadKingCurley,

I see you're also from WNY. Anyway... do you have Big Al's website and / or mailing address & phone number??? I just traded up from my '03 RKC to an '06 Ultra and am considering doing some level of a 95 build.

If I ever run across you somewhere 'round here, if you don't mind, your input and experience with your build may help me with insight on where I may want to go.

thx,
Tom

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I do not like the secret getting out...I get a lot of work done by him if he becomes popular then he might raise his prices....LOL

·
Seasoned Prime Member
446 Posts
ShakyJake said:
I do not like the secret getting out...I get a lot of work done by him if he becomes popular then he might raise his prices....LOL
Jake - I wouldn't worry. Can't hide a good thing forever. Told me he just likes to make horsepower!!! hehehe :clap:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts