V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well over a year ago (July 06') I sent Joe at Heavycycles the Harley third brake light that mounts in the sissy bar to retrofit with his LED'S. During that time all I got was lip service about how busy he was and that it would get done. Well finally on one of the many occasions that I inquired on the status I was told that it was lost when he moved. Here I am, still being patient, figuring ok shiit happens...no biggie. I was told by him that it would be replaced.
Now fast foward months after that empty promise was made I once again inquire by both phone and email. No phone calls are returned nor emails. Still giving him the benefit of the doubt as I figured maybe he was on vacation or had some kind of emergency so I would wait 5 or 6 days more before posting this. Here's a copy of the most recent email I sent:

(No Subject)‏
Sent: Mon 10/01/07 6:41 PM
To: [email protected]
Joe,
I have left numerous messages for you to call me pertaining to my third brake lite that you have had for over a year now. Our last phone conversation left this matter to be resolved around August 1st when I returned from Texas...never heard a thing. I am at the point of believing you have no intentions of ever returning it or paying for it and that is really starting to piss me off. I have been nice and more than accomodating with patience above and beyond, but no more. Here's how I want this resolved. My third brake lite costs $90. I need a pair of front LED turn signals for my Fatboy (you said $150). I will give you $60 cash and you will send me a set of lites...end of problem. I need to hear from you one way or another so I know how to pursue this.

I would advise people to run the other way from Heavycycles.com unless you want to be ripped off. There are plenty of other LED companies out there that want your business and are honest. I will also be reporting him to various other agencies and websites in the hope that this does not happen to other folks. Ripoff artists don't need to be in business as far as I'm concerned.

Ride Safe
-Randy-

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
I ordered a rear light w/turn signals in Apr 07. Joe indicated that he was upgrading the circuit board for the model I wanted. He didn't want to give me a date since it was still being worked on. This was fine would rather wait for a quality product. I called to check the status. he was pleasant on the phone and stated he was working on the orders. In Jul I called and he stated he was shipping it out and due to the timeframe and patience he was not charging for shipping.

I am very happy with the lights and are far better then the Kury stuff (their leds burned out and try getting service from them)

I would have no problem dealing with Joe again and people do compliment me on the setup.

Also I was not charged until the order shipped (If he really wanted to "steal" the money he would have had the cc charged for the couple of months since it was a special ordered tailight)

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good for you...I'm thrilled...Thanx for all your valuable imput...It was most helpful and needed...and he's still a fukin' thief with me.

·
Registered
509 Posts
FlaFatBoy said:
Good for you...I'm thrilled...Thanx for all your valuable imput...It was most helpful and needed...and he's still a fukin' thief with me.
It's too bad that guy pissed in your wheaties. Take the a-hole to court see if that makes you feel any better.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RKJ said:
It's too bad that guy pissed in your wheaties. Take the a-hole to court see if that makes you feel any better.

Too far and too expensive for a $90 part. Some people are just lowlife scumbags. I do believe in Karma tho so what goes around comes around. Something bad will happen to him.

Ride Safe
-Randy-

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
He makes really good lights but he is slow as hell and is inconsistent.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
VtwinJaxFL said:
He makes really good lights but he is slow as hell and is inconsistent.
Thanx but I'm done with the loser...just wanted others to know so they wouldnt get fuked by him too.

Ride Safe
-Randy-

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Well, I guess I can safely say you have not been getting any of my emails either. I just found out that a lot of Hotmail users are not receiving email from me. I am very sorry you have not received any of them, but I did send at least 4 emails over the last few weeks (I have copies of them).

Anyway, yes, I know I could have called, but I was away for a couple weeks on a 4000 mile ride, now my wife is away, leaving me to tend to the miniature human in the mornings and afternoons. I'm short-staffed, backlogged with orders, and dealing with a 3 year old that has her Mom's personality... I can barely think right now.

Regretfully, I have not finished the third brake light setup for you, but will gladly give you a set of signals like you asked for. I do intend on finishing it eventually, but I have not had time to finish the CAD layout of the circuit board.

I still never found the original one you sent me, but I do have the box for it... and the one I bought to replace it... I could even put the new one back together and send it to you if you prefer.

I am not out to rip anyone off and will correct this. Please accept my apology and I will get you the parts you need ASAP.

·
Free agent
795 Posts
FlaFatBoy said:
Too far and too expensive for a $90 part. Some people are just lowlife scumbags. I do believe in Karma tho so what goes around comes around. Something bad will happen to him.

Ride Safe
-Randy-
I think by your post that if this has been going on for over a year..that is one of the problems. Time will frost over a lot of issues and will end up being a defense for non-action. I would take it to small claims court and if you are really the victim in this case, court costs will be transferred to the business in violation if you end up the winner...which by reading your post..you would be. Just a thought..if it helps. I know it's not a lot of money, but if you want to keep others protected. sometimes it's the right thing to do.

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
All I know is that when I get my new RG I'm calling Joe for a set of signals and a taillight. His are the best. Period. That will be my third set on the third bike. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Thanks guys... but there's really no excuse for me taking over a year to get this thing done.

It was a custom job, not something already designed, so it's not like I have been just sitting on it. I just haven't had time to finish the circuit board layout to fit all the components into the space, get the shape of the board exact, have them made, etc.

BTW, Randy, I'm pretty sure you have not been getting any of my emails because your email settings are f-d up... particularly, your "Reply-To" address, where replied emails are sent to. I just realized there was a blank space in the reply-to address, just before the "@" sign. AFAIK, there cannot be blank spaces in email addresses.

I removed the space and resent you one of the recent emails... you should have received it now.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
Hey Dr. glad too see you back up. Love my fender tip light. Let me know when you are ready for another custom light. I have that cyclevisions taillight whenever you are up to it.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DrHeathenScum said:
Thanks guys... but there's really no excuse for me taking over a year to get this thing done.

It was a custom job, not something already designed, so it's not like I have been just sitting on it. I just haven't had time to finish the circuit board layout to fit all the components into the space, get the shape of the board exact, have them made, etc.

BTW, Randy, I'm pretty sure you have not been getting any of my emails because your email settings are f-d up... particularly, your "Reply-To" address, where replied emails are sent to. I just realized there was a blank space in the reply-to address, just before the "@" sign. AFAIK, there cannot be blank spaces in email addresses.

I removed the space and resent you one of the recent emails... you should have received it now.

I have long since given up on getting the custom job. All along I have only wanted the lost item paid for. Also, Why is it that only you are the only one that cannot get emails thru to me while everyone else has no problem? The PM function on this forum works also. Anyway, I have a phone as an alternative. I know that works because I was able to leave you many unreturned messages with it. Action...not anymore excuses or words is what I'm waiting for.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
For the record, I believe Randy and I are all squared away on this now... we talked on the phone, worked out the details, and I sent him a set of LED front signal inserts.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, the issue was finally resolved...thank you.

Ride Safe
-Randy-

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Ahhhhhh, a happy ending at the VTF!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts