V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off i want to warn everybody i spent $1800 dollars for a set of billet boys wheels only to have a front hub fall apart. I asked for a replacment and was told sure for full retail $350 plus shipping, spokes , building the rim , and tire mounting. If you want a quality rim and stands behind there product please to not buy anything from BILLET BOYS. This rim almost cost me my life and they cant do anything special for there customer!

Attachments

·
Registered
973 Posts
First, hope you're ok.
Second...pic doesn't really show much except damage to the rotor lip.
Third...your story doesn't tell us much either.

If you bought brand new wheels and had a failure due to manufacturing defects and they won't cover it, then raise a HUGE stink!

·
HATER OF THE GRAVEL!!!!!!
5,761 Posts
I see a hub that has lost the spoke holes one part of it.

1800.00 dollars for what here, it looks like a stock Harley hub.
Hard to see with just one picture, could you post more and give us model numbers and such.

·
Registered
973 Posts
or lord I totally missed that

as for appearance, I am learning daily that there are countless retailers out there who are selling asian aftermarket parts as if they are US made and with HUGE markups.

I see it constantly now.

But Jeff, since we're both missing things...you asked about a part number...check the pic again :)

you also told the guy to post a part number and suck. ahahahahhah fun night!

·
Registered
240 Posts
I see at least 4 spokes adrift; that's very serious. It looks to me as though the alluminium used was either sub standard in terms of material spec or there was a flaw (hairline crack) that developed in the manufacturing stage and was not picked up. You can bet your boots (and spurs) that there's no penetrant flaw detection done by, what sounds like a cowboy outfit.
You should be receiving grovelling apologies and a free replacement wheel from them. Accept no less!

·
Banned
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the wheels were $900 each ! They are 2 yrs old and they wont warantee after one year. I was a loyal customer who spent $3000 with them. I asked if they could just help me in any way.There reply was sure we will sell you a new part at full retail $350 and you take care of the rest spokes,relace,mount , dismount tire= $225. I almost went down have damage to my fender and now have a $900 dollar junk rim and they couldnt even sell me a part at cost to cover a that failed and almost killed somebody! If this doesnt say something about billet boys i dont know what does. Beware dont buy anything from BILLET BOYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will not buy anything!! Im looking at PM wheels just a bad time for me to spend 2k on wheels and i just got new tires!

·
Registered
9,250 Posts

as for appearance, I am learning daily that there are countless retailers out there who are selling asian aftermarket parts as if they are US made and with HUGE markups...
QUOTE]

Yep - and HD's one of the worst offenders, IMO. See it all the time - leather jackets made in China for $450 where all-in I'm swagging the Moco has less than $100 in them. Personally, won't buy anything from China unless there's no option - and most times there are a few.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Well the wheels were $900 each ! They are 2 yrs old and they wont warantee after one year. I was a loyal customer who spent $3000 with them. I asked if they could just help me in any way.There reply was sure we will sell you a new part at full retail $350 and you take care of the rest spokes,relace,mount , dismount tire= $225. I almost went down have damage to my fender and now have a $900 dollar junk rim and they couldnt even sell me a part at cost to cover a that failed and almost killed somebody! If this doesnt say something about billet boys i dont know what does. Beware dont buy anything from BILLET BOYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
See, now...an entire year after their stated warranty ended?

Dunno...

anyway, I might have a hub for you. Not Billet Boys, but billet nonetheless. Got a whole crate full of hubs

If you want, PM me hub size, spokes, etc...see what I can do.

·
Registered
973 Posts

as for appearance, I am learning daily that there are countless retailers out there who are selling asian aftermarket parts as if they are US made and with HUGE markups...
QUOTE]

Yep - and HD's one of the worst offenders, IMO. See it all the time - leather jackets made in China for $450 where all-in I'm swagging the Moco has less than $100 in them. Personally, won't buy anything from China unless there's no option - and most times there are a few.

OH...actually...that wasn't what I meant. Wasn't starting a "damn them asian parts" thing..

what I meant was, I have seen countless situations where one shop/retailer/builder was selling "Part A" for $XXX.XX and another shop, selling the same part, marketed differently for twice or more.

The reason I said that was cuz the wheel looked...well...just like any Ultima wheel would.

I know for a fact that a retailer here in SoCal buys Midwest/Ultima parts, powdercoats them, and slaps their logo on a cover or somewhere and calls it their own stuff. A buddy bought some forward controls from them and they were 100% Midwest.

The V-Twin market is kinda depressing with all the greed

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
I will not buy anything!! Im looking at PM wheels just a bad time for me to spend 2k on wheels and i just got new tires!
I would do a little research into PM's customer service. A friend has had a not so good experience with them trying get wrongly shipped parts corrected as well as not standing up for a failed product. Like I say check them out maybe my friend's experience is the exception or maybe it is the rule.

·
Banned
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dennish thanks for the heads up. I saw a few threads and it looked like they were taken care of by PM after a little bitching. I will do some searching before i spend that much coin.

·
Premium Member
6,027 Posts

Since you have so much into them and did suffer damage to your bike, I would go see a product defect lawyer. It will do a couple thngs for all of us. First, it won't cost much to have a defect letter drawn up along with an outline of the lawsuit. That generally gets the turds paying attention as defense costs them way more than replacing the part out of warranty or not.

Second, if they refuse you might be able to sue them out of existance which would solve the problem for future people thinking of purchasing this defective product.
You or the lawyer should write a letter demanding the Stamped print to see if this was ever engineered and by whom. (I am an engineer and it really looks as if this is not an engineered product in anyway shape or form.) If they cannot produce an engineer stamped print they are in violation of several standards for transportation components.
Also File a complaint with the NTSA so the transportation administration starts looking into whether these wheels meet any of the standards and have any kind of engineering behind them. My guess is NO. Which will also run the phuckers out of business pretty fast.

Last, if they do replace them for you.... be happy you got the stuff out of them, then throw the shiiit out. As if this happened to one it will happen again and you definately don't want to be riding on this phuckin shiiiit.

I buy OEM at least I know if it kills me the company will pay my wife off.

·
Banned
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think i will cut my loss with Billet Boys. Im looking at getting a new hub from somebody else and maybe selling the wheels to get some cash for some PMs. But my first contact to them they say they have problems with putting a 4.25 rear rim.

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Since you have so much into them and did suffer damage to your bike, I would go see a product defect lawyer. It will do a couple thngs for all of us. First, it won't cost much to have a defect letter drawn up along with an outline of the lawsuit. That generally gets the turds paying attention as defense costs them way more than replacing the part out of warranty or not.

Second, if they refuse you might be able to sue them out of existance which would solve the problem for future people thinking of purchasing this defective product.
You or the lawyer should write a letter demanding the Stamped print to see if this was ever engineered and by whom. (I am an engineer and it really looks as if this is not an engineered product in anyway shape or form.) If they cannot produce an engineer stamped print they are in violation of several standards for transportation components.
Also File a complaint with the NTSA so the transportation administration starts looking into whether these wheels meet any of the standards and have any kind of engineering behind them. My guess is NO. Which will also run the phuckers out of business pretty fast.

Last, if they do replace them for you.... be happy you got the stuff out of them, then throw the shiiit out. As if this happened to one it will happen again and you definately don't want to be riding on this phuckin shiiiit.

I buy OEM at least I know if it kills me the company will pay my wife off.
bbally, just how much do you owe on your wife?:redrolf: just kiddin.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts