V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looking for a long distance seat for my SG. I am getting a King Tour Pak as well. My girlfriend really liked the Ultra's seat in the show room. I just don't know. Some soft in the showroom seats turn pretty uncomfortable after 60 miles.

Has anyone replaced there stock Ultra seat with a different and better long distance seat or do most people like them for long trips.

·
Registered
133 Posts
The OL loved the stock rear seat on my '07 Ultra(comfort stich), I hated it. We both had no issue's with the mustang I installed after getting used to it. Just finished over 4300 miles from Pa to the black hills of SD and got back last friday. Back on the bike and rode Sunday and Monday locally. That says alot both about the bike and the seat.

·
Banned
4,037 Posts
Ditto

OldMsocko said:
My wife and I are quite satisfied with the stock seat on our 06 Ultra. We do alot of long distance touring. Always remember comfort is a matter of opinion.
I find that Ultra riders in the 150-180 pound range think the stock seat is fine but riders in the 250 and up range think the seat foam bottoms out quickly. Mustang foam works well for a heavier rider and those that say that the Mustang seat puts you one inch higher, I did not find that to be true but I'm one of those 260 pound guys. I like it,

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
On the other hand, I had a Mustang seat. My wife thought it was OK, but I was sitting on the pan and could feel its contours. Got pretty uncomfortable. I ended up trading a guy even up for a Harley REACH seat. Much more comfortable for me and my wife thinks it is a bit more comfortable for her too. I am 275# with a 28-30 inch inseam.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
OL hates the Ultra. Loves mt FLHR with one piece Msuatang and tourpak. Says she is to high on the Ultra, an dthe backrest for Uktra is lower then detachanble one on my King.

Ultra is soft, but I to wonder if to soft. So looking for something for 30" inseem too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts