V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pick up my new 03 Road King in less than 30 day's and I could use a little help. I have a 29 inch inseam and would like to lower my bike. I understand that there are some changes to the suspension this year and that the lowering kits have to catch up? A custom shop owner warned me about grinding the tire on the fender and suggested aftermarket shocks?
Thanks for cheking out my thread.

Mudpuppy

·
Registered
132 Posts
I installed TJ's 1.5 inch lowering kit on rear(02 RK). I don't think they made any suspension changes, but not sure. actually moves shock back. Have to put more air in the shocks as per TJ's. I run 15 psi for me and 30 for 2 up. haven't bottomed out and guess I could put less air in if I wanted to.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Welcome to the forum mudpuppy - enjoy the new ride. Is this your first (Harley)?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks truckman, I will check out tj's.

Thanks for the welcome hogg831. I Had a Superglide years ago. Loved it. Thought that we would take advantage of the Firefighter RK SE while we can. My wife and I are looking forward to getting back into it.

Mudpuppy

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
:cool: Had an '83 SuperGlide, now a bagger ('03 Ultra). The SGlide was my first big twin, really enjoy that bike. Hated to let it go but we do move on. Enjoy:D

·
Registered
36 Posts
TJ's Lowering kit

Truckman,
What other options did you look at before you picked the TJ lowering kit? Did you drop the Front End also?

Thanks,

Sleddog FLA :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts