V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Wow, there are at least a million threads and opinions on this one, but it's still fun to dig into...:Banadance

My humble opinion...settle on ONE good wax company and stick with their entire product line, exclusively, as each product is designed to compliment the other. Griot's Garage, Wizard's, Mother's, Meguire's and S100 to name a few, all are quality outfits with a full line of offerings. Each of these companies have websites that have application, instruction and procedure sections on which products to use, how to apply, etc. Sticking strictly with the Harley line of detailing products isn't such a bad idea either - Harley Glaze, Spray Cleaner/Detailer, etc...all good stuff.

Properly washing the bike, then cleaning the paint with a clay bar is the first step, followed by a very mild paint "scrub". Always use clean, soft micro-fiber cloths to apply polish and wax, with follow ups using spray-on detailing mists. Moderation, man...don't over do it. Enjoy the ride! :chopper:

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
bedemonster said:
Which product makes your black bike look the best??:brows:
Black bikes look the best regardless. :yes: I use Zainos on all my vehicles including my orginal paint Moss Green 65 Mustang, and my black King.
Sam

·
Registered
267 Posts
Our best success( after proper prep) has come from
FK1's 2180 sealant topped with FX100 sealant glaze
or
Wekstatts Prime under Acrylic Jett
or
Menzerna FMJ topped with Acrylic Shield

·
Registered
267 Posts
Big E said:
Black Fire products. check out www.properautocare.com. It is not a wax but a polymer which holds up to extreme temperatures where regular wax would breakdown. Extremely easy to use and it does not stain plastic.
Blackfire products are going through a somewhat radical change. A joint venture between Blackfire (CMA) and Menzerna. The Menzerna formulas will be introduced into the Blackfire products. You should start seeing products released within the next month.

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
For a deep wet look nothing beats Pinnacle Souveran, expensive though at about $60, it looks great! For a long lasting finish (its a bike, not important to me), but not the wet look Zaino is awesome. Personally, I use Zaino on the BMW and Piinnacle on the bike. Ck out www.corvettforum.com , go to the detailing forum. Awesome info there on this subject.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Meguire's :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Dri-Wash and Guard, it is all I have used on my 2000 Ultra and it still looks new after 150K. It is cheap enough for day to day cleaning also.

·
I paid.........did you??
2,301 Posts
bedemonster said:
MeGuires NXT Tech Polish.......no questions asked.

It is a polish and sealant that also fills in all the small scratches and makes the black look like new again. Also, the more times you apply it the better it looks.....I put it on 3 times and my black looked great again.

There is a post about this stuff going on already, check it out.

Steve

·
OldBoldPilot
205 Posts
bedemonster said:
I've been using Zaino on all my vehicles for years, including their touch-up spray and leather care products. Can't beat it for a gorgeous, deep, long-lasting finish. They also have a special polish specifically for black paint. They also have a good Web site (www.zainostore.com).

My $0.02

Philip

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
Theres a nice long thread in here somewhere with glowing reviews for the Crystal-glo products. Easily the best I've ever used...many people compare it to Zaino.

AND THEY ARE A FORUM SPONSOR!! Dave Price said they just dropped their banner here for the winter months, because it is the slow season...but they should be back in the spring. As a forum member there was an additional discount on product orders.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I just put a hot chick on top of my bike (or beside it). Nobody notices the scratches then.

:wootdnc:

I have used Meguiars wash, wax and swirl/scratch remover. They work pretty good. I bought The Bom last month and tried that (after washing it a few days prior). The shine looked almost as good, with it taking about 1/4 the time as well! My wife came out (was heading out to drop our niece off) after I had finsihed and put everything away, and even she commented on how clean and shiny it looked (and this is a woman who normally can't tell if I'm carrying concealed, even after I would ask her if it looked like I was carrying!)

Not sure I'll stick with The Bom or not; I liked the look of Meguiars, especially after the swirl and wax treatment. I mainly got it because they had a special; I wanted the Boms Away for water spots on my brushed silver pieces, and had a package special.

·
Registered
40 Posts
wax for black

I know this won't be popular, but Honda's spray can detailer works very well. Doesn't build up, cuts through bug remains, and will polish windshields.

Works better for me than the HD stuff.

Available at Honda MC dealers. About $5.00 per can.

Spray it on soft cotton cloth first unless doing a large surface.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Malaka said:
I know this won't be popular, but Honda's spray can detailer works very well. Doesn't build up, cuts through bug remains, and will polish windshields.

Works better for me than the HD stuff.

Available at Honda MC dealers. About $5.00 per can.

Spray it on soft cotton cloth first unless doing a large surface.
Actually, the Honda spray has been mentioned before on here as a good method to clean your bike.

·
your ad could be here
380 Posts
Crystal-Glo

It goes on and off quickly, leaves no scuffy marks on accidentally touched leather or other trim, and shines deeply. Sure, Zaino might be somewhat better, but I don't want a product which requires as much prep work and effort as repainting the thing. I want a rub-on, rub-off product. Grystal-Glo works great on my black Road King Classic.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts