V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That pretty much says it all. I've got an 87 softail that is set up like a fatboy, tanks, fenders, wheels, frontend, etc.... and have experimented with riding position as much as my wallet will allow for now so now I'll ask you guys. I'm a big guy, 6' 4", 34" inseam, and around 275 lbs. One day I'll get a roadking or something similar but for now I'm gonna ride the softail and enjoy it. I've got a stock fatboy seat on it now with floorboard controls. I tried switching to harley 3" extended forward controls but it felt like my legs were more bent then with the floorboards so I went back to the floorboards. I've been looking at the corbin hollywood solo and pillion, corbin cobra, Lepera king cobra, or a corbin classic solo and pillion. I tried a corbin gambler and it was pretty good but the back tips up for the passenger and it feels like it pushes me forward a bit. That's why I thought the cobra model might allow me to ride a bit farther back in the saddle. Any experiences are appreciated. Also, I'm using a stock fatboy handlebars and bar risers. Thanks guys

·
Registered
216 Posts
Have you talked to the people at Harleyseats? They'll do just about anything for you, prices seem reasonable, and they are very responsive.

PS: I still love your shifter linkage, man - it's the nicest I've seen.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, do they have a web site or where are they located. I'll give them a call. I've been off the shifter linkage business lately. I took a new job in NC and have been moving my family etc... I tried to sell my softail but it seems like the bottom has dropped out of the market. Or I'm asking too much. An 87 with 12K miles, perfect condition, fatboy clone with all HD parts, polished wheels etc... for $10K. I thought it was reasonable but the best offer I got was 8K. So I'm keeping it for now. Maybe in the spring I'll try again. In the meantime I'm going to seat shop a little bit. : ) As soon as I get settled in NC I'll make up a batch of the rods to see if anybody else wants one.
Thanks again,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts