V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently running Rinehart 4" slip ons and fulsac true dual header on a 2008 Streetglide. I love the sound but tired of the db's during long rides. Plus, I just added an aftermarket radio, two lower speakers and an amp. I'd like to hear them! I've considered the SE Street Cannons but heard they're too loud without stock header. Also thought about CFR slip ons but heard they destroy low end at launch.
I do love the low, throaty sound of them.

Any ideas on what could quiet the beast without making it sound like a stock sewing machine?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
15,489 Posts
Wind noise is louder than any pipes to me. But maybe it's because I don't have a fairing.

Sent from my 2 Tin Cans With A String using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
I must really he hardcore old skool,,, lol,,, there is no music sweeter to my ears when riding than the sound of my 113 rumbling...

screaming eagle mufflers are pretty quiet,,, and make decent power and torque..
RC isnt bad either,,, and the end caps can be changed..

·
not sober all the time
5,035 Posts
I have Crusher Mellow Mufflers - 505 on my 2015 Ultra Classic. Nice mellow tone, not too loud. Decent sound when you open it up but still on the tame side. I hear they make pretty decent power too but I haven't had mine tuned or checked on the dyno. I think they are discontinued but you might find some for a good deal on clearance or used.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
If you are listening to that cRap that most of the big wheel/big radio crowd is listening to, short, straight pipes would be best for the rest of us.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I've had my years of deafening pipes and I'm riding an 08 so bigger motor is out for now. Maybe if I trade up.

I went with the V&H Monster Rounds. Nice rumble and noise when I need it but not all the time. I already have the ringing in the ears. Don't want to make it worse.
:thanks:

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have Big Louie 4” slip ones (Rush). They have swappable baffles and using smaller ones definitely quiets them down. I run 2-1/4” baffles in them with S&S power tune dual headers on my 07 Road King. I can hear my radio ok until about 70. If I really wanted to hear it on the highway, I could lower my baffles or crank up the output of my amp. Perhaps you can open the fairing and turn up the output of your amp? It’d be a shame to lose the Rinehart’s...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
11 Participants
Thermodyne
V-Twin Forum
V-Twin Harley Davidson forum. Discussion on V-Twin Harley Davidson motorcycles including Dyna, Electra Glide, Softail, Sportster, and more.
Full Forum Listing