V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been discussed before, but until now I didn't have reason to pay attention!
After all the years on Sportsters & Dynas took delivery of an '02 FLHTCI on Saturday. Not a hot-rod like my past H-D's, but a great bike!
My delima is what mufflers to replace the OE ones with. I know several who have the Vance&Hines slip-ons that sound great, but a little to noisy for what I'm looking for (got to be able to hear the radio!).
I'm looking at either Samson's Rolled-Thunder line or Khrome-Werks 100+. But don't have anything to compare to.
If anyone has experience with noise level, quality of finish etc. I'd appreciate the input.
Will add Powercommander and Ness "super Sucker" air cleaner at the same time.

Happy motoring!

·
Registered
684 Posts
I'd suggest you hangout at the parking lot of you local dealer or independant. If something sounds good, check it out.

I'm running V&H Slashcuts and I'm happy with them. You shouldn't have a problem hearing your radio with them.

·
Registered
61 Posts
White Brothers E-Series have that deep sound. THey are not too loud but have some sound to them when you crank them. They are tuneable and a real plus for torque.

However......music to me is the sound of the engine. Thunderheader exhaust for me!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts