V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of buying the glove liners and socks. that's the only area that gets cold. what's the best priced place to buy them. if I had part numbers that worked at the discounted places I could find them there but not having any luck in that direction.

Thanks and ride safe, and warm.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
brownjams said:
I'm thinking of buying the glove liners and socks. that's the only area that gets cold. what's the best priced place to buy them. if I had part numbers that worked at the discounted places I could find them there but not having any luck in that direction.

Can't help with the price but I'd warn you off the liners...nothing really wrong with them but they become a hassle to use, you gotta wear glove liners so ya don't toast yer hands then put on the heated liners and an insulated glove over the top...the gloves are much better...hey anyone wanna buy a set of liners?:laugh:

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info but cash it tight right now and was looking at the liners being more affordable.

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Many places don't seem to advertise the "lightweight" gloves but they are only $89. They have the same 22 watt heating element as the longer gauntlet type. I have had them for two years and really like them. I couldn't find anyplace that sold Gerbings at a discount.

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
Kevjud said:
Many places don't seem to advertise the "lightweight" gloves but they are only $89. They have the same 22 watt heating element as the longer gauntlet type. I have had them for two years and really like them. I couldn't find anyplace that sold Gerbings at a discount.
I had never saw the lightweights until now. They are listed under the "Fishing" heading. Are they leather? If so, I'd probably prefer them over the regular gauntlet ones that I bought. They are nice and warm, but a bit too bulky for my tastes.

BTW, if you make friends with a cop, he can order Gerbings for 15% off. They give 15% off to all LEO.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see the fishing glove your talking about for $89 and they have a atv pair for $99. Thanks no discounts anywhere though. I tried finding them in someone catalog so I had a part number I can use to get the discount.

·
TL
500 Posts
Gerbings makes the HD branded heated clothing. However, HD doesn't sell the socks. When you get a 20% discount from an HD dealer (Hales, Benjy's, Chicago, etc.), they are less expensive than the Gerbings.

TL

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tlewis said:
Gerbings makes the HD branded heated clothing. However, HD doesn't sell the socks. When you get a 20% discount from an HD dealer (Hales, Benjy's, Chicago, etc.), they are less expensive than the Gerbings.

TL
Good point, that does get the price down. wish they made HD heated socks and such.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Fxsts103ci said:
Know any cops ? As I recall Gerbigs will give 15% off to police when u order over the phone..
hummm....might be worth the call to see if they also offer discounts to Military personnel.

Anyone know?

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not going to get those discounts, no cop freinds and not in the military. thanks though.

·
Registered
428 Posts
we bought ours in the spring at the HD dealer.......very good sale

·
Registered
6 Posts
brownjams said:

All bikers their hands & feet get cold because that is what's out front. I've been using the Gerbing products since 1984 and I've been a dealer since 95. The brains of everything is the liner it makes everything hook up clean.
Hope this helps, as far as discounted places that is news to me. Each dealer takes care of there customer the best they can. I know I do, you need SERVICE, SERVICE you get the picture.
Mr. Warmth

·
Registered
210 Posts
heated clothes

t- Lewis is correct about the 20% discount. The reason why is that the motor co is already 20%- 30% higher than Gerbings' retal prices already. Just for the record TLewis is the general manager of a harley dealership. The best dealer that I've dealt with is Mike Vlahos, the number one dealer for the Gerbing heated gear.

·
TL
500 Posts
mtairy biker said:
t- Lewis is correct about the 20% discount. The reason why is that the motor co is already 20%- 30% higher than Gerbings' retal prices already. Just for the record TLewis is the general manager of a harley dealership. The best dealer that I've dealt with is Mike Vlahos, the number one dealer for the Gerbing heated gear.
Dude, I'm not sure where you get your information but I'm not the general manager of a Harley dealership. Never have been one. If I were, I would be promoting my dealership and not 3 others scattered across the country.

What in my posts or profile would lead you to believe that? I've said very little positive about any dealer.

Thanks for "outing" me but you're dead wrong on this one. I did wear my Harley-branded Gerbings heated clothes today though. 40 degrees/cloudy/mid-30 wind chill. I was toasty.

TL

·
Registered
769 Posts
Personally, i would skip the heated gloves and socks deal and just go straight for the gerbing heated jacket liners. Here is why ..... the reason your hands and feed get cold ,, is due to the way your body shuts down blood flow to extremities to protect the core body organs. As your body gets to a point where it cant maintain body tempature ,, it will sacrifice your hands and feet .. its a natural survival thing thats programed into humans ..... you get the heated jacket liners and keep your body core temps stable ,, your feet and hands will stay warm without the heated gloves and socks ......I have ridden 500 mile days in the 30s with the only heated gear being my gerbing jacket liner..... Now i do have good riding gear ,, aerostitch darian , and vasque hiking boots and very good gloves ... and a electra glide that has full upper and lower fairings. When i was young i worked as a professional ski patroller and had alot of training when it comes to hypo thermia... and how your body reacts to exposure to the cold ..... in my opinion gerbing makes the best electric gear on the market.... Do a little research on the body core tempature deal ,,, you will find, what i am posting here is the way things work. Most people are smart enough to know that their hands and feet are cold ,, but they have no idea why ....it all has to do with body core tempature preservation .... rat

·
TL
500 Posts
mtairy biker said:
ok i must be wrong the tLewis i was thinking of is in maryland acctuly willamsport h-d I should have looked at your address
My mistake
Not a problem. I have actually been to that dealership....but never worked there. LOL.

Welcome to the forum.
TL

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Mike,
Are you Mr. Warmth?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts